While Highmark, Inc. operates health plans across 36 states, nearly 90% of Highmark’s enrollment is in its commercial health plans in Pennsylvania, Delaware, and West Virginia. The health plans in the other 33 states are Medicare plans. Highmark plays a significant role in Pennsylvania as its largest health plan and in Delaware as its second largest health plan.
The OPEN MINDS Health Insurance Payer Portfolio for 2017 on Highmark, Inc. includes an infographic display (.jpeg) and map of Highmark’s coverage in the U.S. The infographic breaks down Highmark’s enrollment by plan type (Medicare, Medicaid, or Commercial) and details its total market share and ranking among the Top 20 Health Insurance Payers in the U.S.
The Health Insurance Payer Portfolio also includes a dataset (.xlsx) with contact information for each of Highmark’s 52 health plans including a contact person with phone number for most plans. The dataset includes the estimated total enrollment among Highmark’s plans by plan type (Medicare, Medicaid, or Commercial) for all 52 health plans.
Upon purchase, a spreadsheet (.xlsx) will be available in your account for download which includes the full Highmark, Inc. Heath Insurance Payer Portfolio with the infographic and dataset.
Highmark, Inc operates under these legal entities:
- First Priority Life Insurance Company, Inc.
- Health Options
- Highmark Benefits Group, Inc.
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield Delaware, Inc.
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield West Virginia
- Highmark Choice Company
- Highmark Coverage Advantage, Inc.
- Highmark Health Services
- Highmark Senior Health Company
- Highmark Senior Resources, Inc.
- Highmark Senior Solutions Company
- HMO of Northeastern Pennsylvania (dba First Priority Health)
- Keystone Health Plan West, Inc.
- West Virginia Family Health