The OPEN MINDS Government RFP & Contract Database
The market intelligence your team needs to track opportunities and awards, monitor your competition, and succeed in the growing government health and human service market.
The only service tracking government health and human service opportunities from RFP announcement to contract award.
$30 BILLION+ Of Potential Revenue Each Year
1,000+ New RFPs & Bidding Opportunities Each Month
Are you tracking these government health and human service opportunities?
Let the OPEN MINDS team do this work for you. We’ll provide the critical information you need to secure your share of the 15,000+ federal, state, and local contract opportunities awarded each year.
How? OPEN MINDS’ dedicated research team scours the request-for-proposal announcements released by every federal, state, and local unit of government that purchases health and human services (or the related technology, staffing services, consultation, and education services). Each identified opportunity is then tracked in our proprietary database throughout the entire procurement process. Subscribe to our service and you will…
- Receive daily e-mail reports of every new bidding opportunity discovered in the field – with links to the actual RFP document if it is available.
- Gain full access to our online database portal with the ability to search and filter all current and past opportunities.
Unlike other services, our work doesn’t stop there. After the bidding on the opportunity closes, we track all the award details. This gives our subscribers the ‘next-level’ information they need to gain a competitive advantage in their market. How does this work?
- For every opportunity, we request the information about the winning bidder – the organization, the terms, the contract award amount, and more. This award information is then made available to our subscribers through our online database (where it is linked to the original RFP announcement).
- For any awarded contract, subscribers can request a copy of the winning proposal. Our team goes through the time-consuming process of obtaining the proposal from the government agency and provides it directly to our subscribers via email. All obtained winning proposals are also posted in the online database (where it is linked to the original RFP announcement and contract award details).
Find new opportunities first
- We alert you to the bidding opportunities and RFPs as they are released
- Our database allows you to track contract end dates – so you can proactively prepare for the next RFPs
Keep track of the competition
- Track who won the biggest contracts in your market and for how much
- Track award amounts and rates of your competitors – allowing you to analyze your pricing strategies
- Review the winning proposals written by your competition to learn more about their programs, staffing, finances, and market positioning
Gain Competitive Advantage
- Review the contracting activity of every government agency – the RFPs and the contract awards
- Keep tabs on the competition in each market – their bidding history, their winning history, and their current contracts
- Review winning proposals to help your team create the proposal needed to win the next big contract
Covering all the health and human service markets serving complex consumers
Mental Health & Addiction Services
Behavioral Health, Social Work, Aftercare, Substance Abuse treatment, Drug Testing, Mental Health Counseling, Therapies, Psychiatry, Psychology, Psychotherapy, Managed Behavioral Health Programs, Employee Assistance Programs (EAPs), Wellness, and Work/Life Programs.
Children & Family Services
Child Welfare, Child Abuse and Protection Services, Foster Care, Adoption, and Orphanage Services, Juvenile Justice, Adolescent Delinquency, Domestic Violence, Marriage and Family Services, Early Childhood, Head Start Services, Day Care, and After School Care Services.
Disability Support & Long-Term Care
Intellectual and developmental disability services, senior support and elder care services, residential and supportive living services, special education, Alzheimer’s, dementia, blindness, and deafness.
Human & Social Services
Human Services, Housing Assistance, Community Development Block Grants, Employment Services, Workforce Development, Immigration and Refugee, Corrections, Probation, and Parole Services, AIDS/HIV, and Language Services.
General Health & Medical Services
Primary Care, Information Technology, Community Health, Immunization and Vaccination Services, Oral Hygiene, Family Practice, Internal Medicine, Pharmacy and Prescription Services, Laboratory and Radiology Services, Benefit Management, Medical Records and Billing Services, Health Insurance.
Two comprehensive databases – one easy-to-use online interface
RFP & Bid Announcement Database
Every day, the OPEN MINDS team adds the latest RFPs released by federal, state, and local governments to the database. Each RFP announcement includes a summary of the services requested, important dates along the contracting process, contact information, and, when available, the original RFP.
Subscriber organizations can save time and resources by utilizing this comprehensive database to find new opportunities as soon as they are released. This information also provides valuable information about both the current and future of the market in your area.
Awarded Contract & Winning Proposal Database
After contracts have been awarded through the competitive procurement process, the OPEN MINDS team conducts independent research to track down the contract winners, the terms of the contract (including the defined services and the contract value), and information on the other bidders. Utilizing this information, subscriber organizations can track who won each contract in their market and gather data about the value of those contracts. Additionally, the data can be used to determine when contracts will likely come out for bid again, allowing subscribers to be prepared and determine a winning strategy in advance.
To provide our subscribers with the most information possible on recent contract awards, the OPEN MINDS research team uses the federal Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) to retrieve copies of all available winning proposal documents.
Get the strategic edge you need in today’s competitive marketplace
- Search our database of all bidding opportunities and RFPs announced by the U.S. government – search by agency, by topic, by geography, and more.
- Search our contract award database to find out information about previous winners of health and human service opportunities – search by the winning bidder, by award amount, by agency, by topic, by geography, and more.
- Search our library of winning proposals to get the details behind the proposals that win.
- And, our government contracting analysts are here to help you. If you need assistance in finding an RFP or award, in requesting a winning proposal, or in downloading specific information from our database for market analysis, all you need to do is call.
Our team uses the RFP Alerts every day – it’s the only place to find all the latest procurements specifically related to our industry, without the hassle of sorting through unrelated content
-Director Of Business Development
The winning proposal documents are the best resources we’ve found to help us with our own proposals. It gives us the opportunity to review how other organizations won past contracts in our area, and the chance to see how others have won contracts for similar services in different areas of the country.
-Chief Executive Officer
The contract awards service is invaluable! It lets us see who has won all the contracts in our market, so not only do we know who won, but also what they’re getting paid.
State Profile Table Of Contents
The definitive overview of your state’s payers and consumer base – including specific callouts for the population with serious mental illness (SMI).
- Health Care Coverage Map – A chart illustrating the state’s health care coverage breakdown – by the Medicaid, Medicaid expansion, Medicare, dual eligibles, commercial insurance, and health insurance marketplace populations.
- Population Demographics – An illustration of the state’s consumer base, including demographics on age, race, gender, and SMI status.
- Population Distribution By Payer: National vs. State – Charts examining the health insurance breakdown of the state’s consumer base and SMI consumer base, compared to the national population.
- Largest Health Plans By Enrollment – A list of the largest health plans in operation in the state and a list of the largest health plans by SMI enrollment.
A detailed outline of the state’s Medicaid system and programs – including a comprehensive analysis of the behavioral health system.
- Medicaid System Overview – An easy-to-read snapshot of the state’s Medicaid finance delivery system and risk-based arrangements.
- Medicaid Governance – A chart showing how the state’s Medicaid system is organized and the key players in the Medicaid department.
- Medicaid System Benefits – A complete listing of the benefits covered by the state under the Medicaid program – with a special emphasis on behavioral health.
- Medicaid Program Spending – A chart showing the state’s most recent Medicaid budget and a review of spending by beneficiary group.
- Medicaid Financing & Service Delivery – A close look at the state’s Medicaid financing system, the populations included and covered services.
- Medicaid Fee-For-Service – A review of the FFS system, including the populations mandatorily enrolled in FFS, the standard behavioral health benefits, and any special benefits for the SMI population.
- Medicaid Managed Care – A review of the managed care system, including populations enrolled in managed care and how they are assigned to programs, the managed care organizations operating in the state, their contracting arrangements with the state, the covered behavioral health benefits, and any special programs for the SMI population.
- Medicaid Medical & Health Home Initiatives – An exploration of the state’s current and planned medical home and health home initiatives – including the populations covered, financing arrangements, and service delivery models.
- Medicaid Program Waivers With Impact On SMI Population – A list of the state’s current waivers, an explanation of the waiver’s properties, enrollment caps, and the waiver’s expiration dates.
- Pending Changes To Medicaid System – A clear timeline of the changes the state plans to make over the next five years and any long-term initiatives that have been proposed.
An overview of the state’s system for the population dually eligible for Medicaid and Medicare, with a careful analysis of the current system and any plans for new initiatives or dual demonstration programs.
- Dual Eligible Population & Financing Overview – A overview of the current Medicaid system in place for dual eligibles, accounting for the population enrolled in FFS, managed care, PACE programs, and any new demonstration programs.
- Largest Medicare Health Plans Serving Dual Eligible SMI Population – A list of the largest Medicare Advantage Dual Eligible Special Needs health plans in operation by SMI enrollment.
- Medicaid Dual Eligible SMI Enrollment – A review of the behavioral health services financing and delivery for dual eligibles with SMI.
- New Initiatives For Dual Eligible Population – A review of any new programs in place or planned for the dual eligible population, including state-specific programs and the federal dual demonstration program.
A summary of the state’s system for serving the mental health and addiction population, with a close look at the leaders in the state system.
- State Mental Health & Addiction Services Department Budget – A chart showing the state’s most recent mental health and addiction treatment budget.
- State Mental Health & Addiction Treatment Department Organization Chart – A chart showing how the state’s mental health and addiction treatment system is organized and the key players at the mental health department.
- State Psychiatric Institutions – A chart showing all state psychiatric hospitals, and when available, their bed count and average daily census.
A summary of the leading organizations operating in the state, by revenue and/or enrollment, including provider organizations, advocacy organizations, and accountable care organizations (ACOs) – from OPEN MINDS custom databases and market research.
- Largest Organizations Providing Mental Health Services, Outpatient Services Only, By Revenue
- Largest Organizations Providing Mental Health Services, With Inpatient Or Residential Services, By Revenue
- Largest Organizations Providing Addiction Treatment, Outpatient Services Only, By Revenue
- Largest Organizations Providing Addiction Treatment, With Inpatient Or Residential Services, By Revenue
- Behavioral Health Advocacy & Trade Organizations
- Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs)
A summary of how the state has decided to implement the most important aspects of the health care reform legislation over the past five years.
- State Medicaid Expansion & Health Insurance Marketplace Population – A review of how health care reform has affected the state population – including the population eligible for Medicaid expansion and the health insurance marketplaces, as well as the most recent enrollment data available.
- Health Care Reform Initiatives – A summary of how the state has implemented the Medicaid expansion and health insurance marketplace.
- Health Insurance Marketplace Plans – A listing of the health insurance marketplace plans currently in operation – both for the individual and small business markets.
- Essential Health Benefit Benchmark Plan – An overview of the state’s chosen essential health benefit benchmark plan and the plan details on behavioral health benefits.
An easy-to-understand guide for interpreting the state profile data – including an explanation for OPEN MINDS analysis and calculations, a glossy of terms with clear definitions of the terms used throughout the profile, and a detailed list of sources for element of data included in the profile.
- OPEN MINDS Estimates For The Share Of SMI Consumers By Payer/Plan
- Glossary Of Terms