Gettysburg, Pa. (June 30, 2019) – OPEN MINDS has released an updated suite of Medicaid market intelligence resources on the state of Iowa. The resources include analysis of the Iowa’ s Medicaid system, Medicaid managed care vendor contracts, and additional state-specific information.
The Iowa Medicaid managed care program is called IA Health Link. IA Health Link serves two different population groups who have different benefits and cost-sharing requirements:
- Non-expansion population: Aged, blind, and disabled individuals; children; and parents and caretaker relatives. These enrollees receive the full-benefit package and are not responsible for additional cost-sharing.
- Medicaid expansion population: Childless adults with income less than 138% of the FPL. These enrollees are subject to cost-sharing requirements, and receive an alternative benefit package (see next slide).
The state contracts with two managed health plans to provide physical health and behavioral health services, pharmacy, and long-term services and supports (LTSS) to both the Medicaid expansion and non-expansion population. The contracts are available for download:
The managed care contract includes a requirement for the health plans to have at least 40% of their enrollees receiving services through a value-based reimbursement arrangement by the end of calendar year 2018. Incentives and/or risks in qualifying arrangements must take into consideration both a cost component and the state’s approved set of quality measures, called the Value Index Score (VIS).
The Iowa Medicaid Managed Care Contracts are available now for all Elite OPEN MINDS Circle members. Individual contracts may be purchased in the OPEN MINDS shop for $1,500 each.
Additionally, the OPEN MINDS team has four in-depth profiles of the Iowa state health system:
- Iowa Health Care System Landscape: An OPEN MINDS State Profile, which provides information on each state’s largest health plans, Medicaid expansion policy, health insurance marketplace plans, demographics, population health insurance coverage by payer, and more.
- Iowa Medicaid System: An OPEN MINDS State Profile, which provides a detailed exploration of each state’s Medicaid financing system, including a review of the managed care financing systems, largest health plans by enrollment, key players in the state Medicaid department, and plans for future system changes and contract reprocurements.
- Iowa Behavioral Health System State Profile Report, which provides a comprehensive listing of behavioral health benefits in the state, care coordination programs related to behavioral health, and behavioral health subcontractors for health plans.
- Iowa Medicaid/Medicare Dual Eligible System: An OPEN MINDS State Profile, which provides an overview of each state’s dual eligible financing system, as well as the largest Medicare health plans serving dual eligibles and details on new initiatives involving the dual eligible population.
The Iowa suite of state profiles is now available now for the Elite OPEN MINDS Circle members. In addition, the OPEN MINDS team has a wealth of additional Iowa-specific resources. A monthly OPEN MINDS market intelligence update is available to all health and human services executives. To sign up, OPEN MINDS Circle members should set their email preferences under the My Account Settings.
All of these resources, and more, are available as part of an OPEN MINDS Circle Elite membership. Membership includes unlimited organizational access to all OPEN MINDS content and databases, plus executive education events, and other exclusive Elite member benefits. Learn more about becoming an Elite OPEN MINDS Circle member online at www.openminds.com/elite.
For additional questions and inquiries, please contact Sarah C. Threnhauser, Executive Vice President, OPEN MINDS at 717-334-1329 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT OPEN MINDS
OPEN MINDS is an award-winning information source, executive education provider, and business solutions firm specializing in the domains of health and human services serving consumers with chronic conditions and complex support needs. For thirty years, we’ve been pioneers for change – helping organizations implement the transformational business practices they need to succeed in an evolving market with new reimbursement, competition, policies and regulations.
OPEN MINDS is powered by a national team of experienced executives and subject matter experts with specific expertise and experience in nine key market areas – mental health, addictions, chronic conditions, autism and intellectual/developmental disabilities, long-term care, children’s services, social services, juvenile justice, and corrections health care. Our mission is to improve the quality of care for consumers with complex support needs by improving the effectiveness of those serving them – provider organizations, payer and insurance organizations, government agencies, pharmaceutical organizations, and technology firms. Learn more at www.openminds.com