Gettysburg, Pa. (July 14, 2019) – OPEN MINDS has announced the final faculty list and program for The 2019 OPEN MINDS Management Best Practices Institute taking place August 12-15, 2019 at the Hilton Long Beach in Long Beach, California.
Focused on the clinical and management best practices executive teams need to move their organization from the concept of value-based reimbursement to success in the new financial normal, The 2019 OPEN MINDS Management Best Practices Institute kicks off on Tuesday, August 13th with the keynote session, Mind, Body, Community: Kaiser Permanente’s Unique Approach, presented by Bechara Choucair, M.D., Senior Vice President & Chief Community Health Officer, Kaiser Permanente.
The second day of the institute, Wednesday, August 14th , will begin with keynote session, Implementing Provider Rating Scales For Substance Use Disorders: Payer Pilot Results & Impact On Benefit Design, a panel discussion led by Samantha Arsenault, MA, Director, National Treatment Quality Initiatives, Shatterproof with panelists Doug Nemecek, M.D., MBA, Chief Medical Officer – Behavioral Health, Cigna; and Eric Bailly, LPC, LADC, Business Solutions Director, Anthem, Inc.
The institute features many high-profile faculty members from leading organizations throughout the country, including:
- Allen Brown, MSSW, Chief Executive Officer, Adult & Child Health
- James Carlino, SPHR, CCP, SHRM-SCP, CHHR, Chief Human Resources Officer, Bancroft
- Matt Chamberlain, Chief Operating Officer, Welligent
- Christy Dye, MPH, President & Chief Executive Officer, Partners In Recovery, LLC
- Jeffrey Friedman, Chief Executive Officer, CN Guidance and Counseling Services
- David C. Guth, Jr.,Chief Executive Officer, Centerstone
- David Heffron, Vice President, Operations, Telecare Corporation
- Tracy Hockenberry, MA, NCC, LPC, Director of Business Systems, Salisbury Management, Inc.
- Scott Hoffman, Chief Financial Officer, Mosaic
- Kiara Kuenzler, Psy.D., LP, President & Chief Executive Officer, Jefferson Center for Mental Health
- Roy Leitstein, MS, Chief Executive Officer, Legacy Treatment Services
- Mike Lyons, Strategy & General Counsel, Mosaic
- Samir Malik, Senior Vice President & General Manager, Genoa Healthcare Telepsychiatry
- John Markley, MBA, Chief Executive Officer, Centerstone of Illinois
- Patrick Maynard, Ph.D., Chief Executive Officer, I Am Boundless, Inc.
- Guy Maytal, M.D., Chief Integrated Care & Psychiatric Oncology, Weill Cornell Medicine
- Mark McHugh, President & Chief Executive Officer, Envision Unlimited
- Katie Morrow, LBSW, MPA, Vice President of Compliance, Streamline Healthcare Solutions
- Donald Parker, LCSW, President, Hackensack Meridian Health Carrier Clinic
- Shaun Poulton, Chief Information Officer, Salisbury Management, Inc.
- Faith Richie, Senior Vice President, Development, Telecare Corporation
- Kim Scott, Chief Executive Officer, Trillium Family Services
- Sandra Stein, M.D., Medical Director of Care Integration, Banner University Health Plans
- Jamie Vandergon, LPC, President, Trillium Family Services
- Michael M. Siegel, M.D., Medical Director, Molina Healthcare of California
Highlights of the agenda include:
- Thought Leader Discussion Session With Bechara Choucair, M.D., Senior Vice President & Chief Community Health Officer, Kaiser
- Prioritizing Access To Care: How Health Plans & Provider Organizations Are Improving Consumer Access
- Going From Tech Tolerant To Tech Savvy: How Managerial Staff Can Directly Impact The Adoption Of Technology – Sponsored by Streamline Healthcare Solutions
- Community Integration & Consumer-Centered Care: Building A New Model For Community Living & Participation
- Telepsychiatry’s Potential To Close The Access Gap In Behavioral Health Care – Sponsored by Genoa Healthcare
- Building A Value-Based Sustainability Strategy: How To Develop Innovative Programs & Manage Your Service Line Portfolio
- Can Social Determinants Of Health Replace Traditional Utilization Management?: An Aetna Case Study
- Core Solutions, Inc. Knowledge Partner – Sponsored by Core Solutions, Inc
- Taking Your EHR From Data To Strategic Information: Real-World Cases Of EHRs Supporting Value-Based Care – Sponsored By Netsmart
- Best Practices In The Shift To Virtual Health: How To Integrate Digital Treatment Tools Into Programs & Treatment Models
- A New Value-Proposition: Primary Care & Behavioral Health Integration In A Value-Based Market
- Qualifacts Systems, Inc. Knowledge Partner – Sponsored by Qualifacts Systems, Inc.
- The ‘Melting’ Value Chain: Defining Best Practice Management Models In An Era Of Change
Four intensive, information-packed programs will take place during the week of the Institute:
- Monday, August 12, 2019 from 1:00pm – 4:00pm | How To Build Value-Based Payer Partnerships: An OPEN MINDS Executive Seminar On Best Practices In Marketing, Negotiating, & Contracting With Health Plans
- Wednesday, August 14, 2019 from 2:00pm – 5:00pm | How To Reduce Your Unit Costs When Market Rates Go Down: An OPEN MINDS Executive Seminar On Reengineering Unit Costs
- Thursday, August 15, 2019 from 7:30am – 3:30pm | The OPEN MINDS Mergers, Acquisitions, & Affiliations Summit: Best Practices For Non-Profit Health & Human Service Organizations – A Centerstone & OPEN MINDS Collaboration
- Thursday, August 15, 2019 from 9:00am – 12:00pm | How To Develop A Successful Marketing Plan: The OPEN MINDS Seminar On Marketing Strategy
The institute is approaching ‘sold out’ status. Secure your registration now for The 2019 OPEN MINDS Management Best Practices Institute and the executive seminars and summits with an all-access registration pass.
About OPEN MINDS
OPEN MINDS is an award-winning information source, executive education provider, and business solutions firm specializing in the domains of health and human services serving consumers with chronic conditions and complex support needs. For thirty years, we’ve been pioneers for change – helping organizations implement the transformational business practices they need to succeed in an evolving market with new reimbursement, competition, policies and regulations.
OPEN MINDS is powered by a national team of experienced executives and subject matter experts with specific expertise and experience in nine key market areas – mental health, addictions, chronic conditions, autism and intellectual/developmental disabilities, long-term care, children’s services, social services, juvenile justice, and corrections health care. Our mission is to improve the quality of care for consumers with complex support needs by improving the effectiveness of those serving them – provider organizations, payer and insurance organizations, government agencies, pharmaceutical organizations, and technology firms. Learn more at www.openminds.com.