GETTYSBURG, Pa. (October 28, 2018) — Hundreds of health and human service professionals convened in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania this past week for The 2018 OPEN MINDS Technology & Informatics Institute, a three-day event focused on the emerging technology tools executives need to improve outcomes, streamline decision-making, and add value to the management and delivery of care for consumers with complex needs.
The week kicked off with The OPEN MINDS Consumer Engagement Technologies Summit. The summit included many exciting guest speakers and attendees reviewed the emerging trends in consumer treatment technologies, explored the new digital treatment options, and discussed how executives of provider organizations can incorporate new technologies into their strategy. The Summit was led by OPEN MINDS Senior Associate Deb Adler.
The week also kicked off with a How To Find The Right Electronic Health Record: The OPEN MINDS Seminar On Best Practices In EHR Selection & Contracting. The seminar covered steps for vetting vendors and their products and services, budgeting for EHR software and implementation and ensuring best value and performance in contract negotiating. The seminar was led by OPEN MINDS Senior Associate Joseph P. Naughton-Travers and OPEN MINDS Senior Consultant Wyatt Delaney.
On Tuesday, October 23rd, Sunil Budhrani, M.D., MPH, MBA, Chief Medical Officer & Chief Medical Informatics Officer, Innovation Health opened the main event with the highly-anticipated plenary address: Advancements In Telemedicine & The Future Of Service Delivery: Innovation Health’s Plan For Technology Integration. In addition to the knowledge partners, technology demonstrations, and insightful discussion sessions, Wednesday’s program was kicked off by Michael Golinkoff Ph.D., MBA, Senior Vice President, Innovation Advisor, AmeriHealth Caritas. Dr. Golinkoff’s innovation-focused plenary, Building Successful Partnerships With Health Plans: An Insider’s Guide To Payer Relationships, explored the change drivers shaping the market for organizations serving complex consumers, what health plans are looking for from their provider organization partners in the future, and best practices in building new innovations in a shifting market.
The comprehensive program for the event featured many industry thought leaders as faculty, including:
- Gina Armitage, MS, LPC, Director of Quality and Compliance, Comprehensive Mental Health Services, Inc.
- Michelle A. Blackmore, Ph.D., Project Director, Montefiore Medical Center
- David Benavidez, M.D., Fellow, AltaPointe Health
- Katy Beveridge, Vice President of Operations, LifeWorks NW
- Bruce L. Bird, Ph.D., President & Chief Executive Officer, Vinfen
- Matthew Chamberlain, Chief Operating Officer, Welligent
- KateAshley Clarke, Sales Product Specialist, Valant
- Angie Costello, Assistant Vice President, Value-Based Payment Products, Beacon Health Options
- Luke Crabtree, J.D., MBA, Chief Executive Officer, Project Transition
- Shameil Dawood, Senior Solutions Consultant, Sparkrock
- Matthew M. Dorman, Co-Founder & CEO, Credible Behavioral Health Software
- Christy Dye, Chief Executive Officer & President, Partners in Recovery
- Wayne Easterwood, Chief Administrative Officer, Centerstone
- Kendra Ellis, Executive Director, Embassy Management
- James Faw, Vice President of Product & Innovation & Founding Partner, Sparkrock
- Colin Flynn, Director, Business Development, Valant
- Rini Gahir, BSc Actuarial Science, MBA, Chief Business Development Officer, Mozzaz
- Ravi Ganesan, President & CEO, Core Solutions, Inc.
- Mike Garrett, Chief Executive Officer, Horizons Mental Health Center
- Srikanth Gottipati, Ph.D., M.Phil, Associate Director, Think Team, Otsuka Pharmaceutical Development and Commercialization, Inc.
- Michael M. Hailye, Chief Information Officer, Embassy Management
- Danita Johnson Hughes, Ph.D., President & Chief Executive Officer, Edgewater Health
- Roland Larkin, NP, Ph.D., MBA, Medical Science Liaison, Otsuka Neuroscience
- Krista Lewis, Chief Program Officer, Medical & Crisis Services, Family & Children’s Services, Inc.
- Linda Lusis, Vice President, National Accounts, Mozzaz
- Bill Maroon, Organizational Development Specialist, Business Development Team, Resources for Human Development (RHD)
- Andrew Mayo, Director of Sales, Onshift
- Kevin McDonnell, Senior Director, Enterprise Account Management – Population Health and Healthcare Analytics, Relias
- Matt Miller, Vice President Operations, Public Markets, Magellan Health
- Laurie Nelson, Group Product Manager for Analytics, Relias
- Roberta Montemayor, Director for Telehealth, Optum Behavioral Health
- Emily Nichols, MPH, Director of Operations, Resources for Human Development (RHD)/Family Practice Counseling Network
- AJ Peterson, Vice President, Interoperability, Netsmart
- Diana Salvador, Psy.D., Vice President, Quality Assurance and Risk Management, CPC Behavioral Healthcare
- Jeffrey Steigman, Psy.D., Chief Administrative Officer, Family Service League
- Dana Thomas, Vice President, Strategic Accounts, Relias
- Jason Turi, MPH, RN, Vice President of Population Health, Centerstone
- Sammy Wahab, Chief Executive Officer, Mozzaz
- Brandon Ward, Psy.D., Director of Enterprise Applications, Mental Health Center of Denver
- Zoe Webb, Network and Contract Director, Cigna Behavioral Health-Northeast Region
- Janelle Wesloh, LADC, MBA, Vice President of Clinical Excellence, Innovation and Recovery Management, Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation
How To Make The Right Tech Investments For Your Organization: An OPEN MINDS Executive Seminar On Technology Budgeting & Planning closed out the institute on Wednesday, October 24th. This seminar covered the big challenge facing executives as they lead their organization on the path to a tech-driven future, including: how to develop a technology strategy that aligns with your organization’s strategic plan, how to establish a technology budget that allows your organizations to meet its strategic goals, how to apply best practices in technology selection, implementation, and optimization.
All presentations and materials from the event are available online to Institute attendees and OPEN MINDS Circle Elite and Premium members. Learn more about becoming an OPEN MINDS Circle member online at www.openminds.com/membership.
The 2019 OPEN MINDS Technology & Informatics Institute will be held on October 29-30, 2019 at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Next in the OPEN MINDS executive education series is The 2019 OPEN MINDS Performance Management Institute. The Institute is the premier national meeting focused on giving executives the performance management tools they need for success in a market dominated by value-based reimbursement. Early registration is recommended as this event has a history of selling out. Online registration is available online at: https://performance.openminds.com/register.
For additional questions and inquiries, please contact Sarah C. Threnhauser, Executive Vice President, OPEN MINDS or Stacey Cotton, Institute Director, Education Programs at 717-334-1329 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT OPEN MINDS
OPEN MINDS is a national market intelligence and strategic advisory firm focused on the sectors of the health and human service field serving consumers with chronic conditions and complex support needs. Founded in 1987 and based in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, the 175+ associates provide market insights and innovative management solutions designed to improve operational and strategic performance. Learn more at www.openminds.com.