Gettysburg, Pa. (December 26, 2019) – OPEN MINDS has announced that the faculty for the The 2019 OPEN MINDS Performance Management Institute, will include executives from the largest, most influential, and most innovative payers and provider organizations from across the country, including Anthem, Cigna, Optum, and Homestead Smart Health Plans.
The 2019 OPEN MINDS Performance Management Institute focuses on the performance measurement, compensation, and financial tools executive teams need to move their organization from the concept of value-based reimbursement, to success in the new financial normal. The institute will take place on February 13-15, 2019 at the Sheraton Sand Key Resort in Clearwater Beach, Florida.
Bill Green, Chief Executive Officer, Homestead Smart Health Plans, will kick off the first day of the institute as the keynote speaker with his session, Building A New System For Private Insurance: The Homestead Health Plan Model. Leigh Davison, Anthem’s Vice President, LTSS Specialty Organization, will open day two of the institute, focusing on the future of collaboration between health plans and providers in her keynote address, Innovative Collaborations & Partnerships For Long-Term Services: The Anthem Perspective.
“The shift from volume to value has created a pressing need for new business models in the health and human service market. This event is designed to help executives of provider organizations serving complex consumers gain an understanding of the performance measurement tools needed for success in a market dominated by value-based reimbursement,” said Sarah Threnhauser, Executive Vice President, OPEN MINDS. “We are thrilled to have such an accomplished group of speakers from organizations that are shaping the market. Our agenda will allow attendees to hear directly from health plans about what they are looking for in building value-based partnerships, and to speak with innovative provider organizations from around the country about how they are incorporating performance management into their organizational strategy.”
The final list of speakers includes many high-profile faculty members from leading organizations throughout the country, including:
- Micah Adler, Director of Business Development, Valant
- Michelle Aponte-Pacheco, Chief of Revenue Cycle Emergence Health Network
- Erin Boyd, Behavioral Network Manager, Cigna
- Debbie Cagle Wells, Chief Marketing Officer Centerstone
- Kelly J. Champ, Vice President, Network Strategy & Innovation, Optum
- Monica Collins, MA, MBA, Senior Director, System Transformation, Magellan Behavioral Health of Pennsylvania
- John M. Corneilson, MBA, Senior Vice President & Chief Financial Officer, Meridian Behavioral Healthcare, Inc.
- Donald J. Dauman, MBA LCSWR, Chief Financial Officer, Spectrum Health & Human Services
- Leigh Davison, Staff Vice President, LTSS Specialty Organization Anthem, Inc.
- Edward Farbenblum, Chief Executive Officer, VestraCare
- Lora Fisher, Clinical Program Manager, Cigna
- Brian Gann, Enterprise Account Executive, Valant
- Scott Green, Senior Vice President & GM, Behavioral Health & CareGuidance, Netsmart
- Charles Gross, Ph.D., Vice President, Behavioral Health, Anthem, Inc.
- Anna P. Hundley, Executive Director, Autism Treatment Center
- Lisa Kay, Clinical Program Manager, Cigna
- Tristan Keelan, Marketing Strategist TenEleven Group
- Maggie Labarta, Ph.D. President & Chief Executive Officer, Meridian Behavioral Healthcare, Inc.
- Vanessa R. Lane, MBA, Vice President, Revenue Cycle Management/ Data Analytics, Grafton Integrated Health Network
- Erik Marsh, President and CEO, DATIS HR Cloud
- Blake A. Martin, MHA, Executive Vice President & Chief Development Officer Monarch
- Matt Miller, Senior Vice President, Public Sector, Magellan Healthcare
- Katie Morrow, Vice President of Compliance, Streamline Healthcare Solutions
- Keith Neal, MBA, MHL, CHFP Senior Vice President & Chief Financial Officer Advocates
- Diana Salvador, Psy.D., Vice President, Quality Assurance and Risk Management, CPC Behavioral Healthcare
- Ashley Sandoval, Associate Chief Executive Officer, Emergence Health Network
- James Stewart, President & CEO, Grafton Integrated Health Network
- Sheila Sudhakar, M.D., Senior Medical Director, Cigna Medical Group
- Chris Thompson, Vice President of Operations-Behavioral Health, Monarch
There are a range of sessions throughout the institute. Executive registrants will have the opportunity for small group breakout sessions with the keynote speakers:
- Thought Leader Discussion With Bill Green, Chief Executive Officer, Homestead Smart Health Plans
- Thought Leader Discussion With Leigh Davison, Staff Vice President, LTSS Specialty Organization, Anthem, Inc.
There are a range of sessions focused on reimbursement, finance and financial management, including:
- Optimizing Productivity: A Guide To New Performance-Based Compensation Models
- CFO Roundtable On Value-Based Reimbursement: A Facilitated Discussion By Financial Leaders For Financial Leaders
- Revenue Cycle Management: A New Model For A New Market
- Have You Optimized Your Organization For Value-Based Reimbursement? The OPEN MINDS VBR Assessment
- Rate Setting For Value-Based Reimbursement: A Guide To Developing Capitated Payment Models
- The New Financial Normal: Moving Value-Based Reimbursement From Concept To Practice
Sessions on technology, analytics, and metrics-based management include:
- Building A New Performance Management Dashboard: How To Use KPIs To Manage Performance In A Value-Based Market
- Health Plan/Provider Data Exchange In Pay-For-Performance: A Town Hall Discussion On Meeting The Connectivity Challenge
- The Valant EHR: An Intuitive Platform – Sponsored by Valant
- Exploration Of Current & Future I/DD Technology – Sponsored by Core Solutions, Inc.
- Data Sharing & Reporting In A Value-Based Market: Adapting To Ever Changing Reporting Requirements While Enhancing Your Own Organization’s
- Framing Value Propositions With Discovery-Data-Mining – Sponsored by TenEleven Group
Strategy sessions and sessions on service line management issues include:
- The Intersection Of Consumer Data & Technology – How To Craft A Strategy Today & Prepare For The Future
- Keeping Consumers In The Equation: Best Practices In Consumer Experience & Engagement
- What’s New In Workforce Management? Exploring The Latest Trends For HHS Organizations – Sponsored by DATIS HR Cloud
- Implementing A New Model Of Integration: The Cigna Collaborative Care Model
The final agenda is available online at https://performance.openminds.com/agenda.
In addition, this year’s Institute features three special pre-institute programs. There is a full-day summit – The OPEN MINDS Health Plan Partnership Summit: A Guide To Developing & Negotiating Partnership Agreements With Health Plans – moderated by Deb Adler, Senior Associate, OPEN MINDS and featuring Kelly J. Champ, Vice President, Network Strategy & Innovation, Optum; Matt Miller, Senior Vice President, Public Sector, Magellan Healthcare; and Charles Gross, Ph.D., Vice President, Behavioral Health, Anthem, Inc.
And, there are two deep-dive executive competency building seminars:
- Thriving With Managed Care: An OPEN MINDS Executive Seminar On Organizational Competencies & Best Practices In Health Plan Contract Management
- Making The Right Tech Investments For Your Organization: An OPEN MINDS Executive Seminar On Technology Budgeting & Planning
The institute is approaching “sold out” status with limited registrations remaining. Secure your registration now for The 2019 OPEN MINDS Performance Management Institute and the executive seminars and summits with an all-access registration pass.
ABOUT OPEN MINDS
OPEN MINDS is a national market intelligence and strategic advisory firm focused on the sectors of the health and human service field serving consumers with chronic conditions and complex support needs. Founded in 1987 and based in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, the 175+ associates provide market insights and innovative management solutions designed to improve operational and strategic performance. Learn more at www.openminds.com.