GETTYSBURG, Pa. (February 17, 2019) — Over 400 health and human service executives, representing over 200 organizations, met in Clearwater Beach, Florida this past week for The 2019 OPEN MINDS Performance Management Institute, a three-day event focused on the performance measurement, compensation, and financial tools executive teams need to move their organization from the concept of value-based reimbursement, to success in the new financial normal.
The week set in motion with The OPEN MINDS Health Plan Partnership Summit: A Guide To Developing & Negotiating Partnership Agreements With Health Plans. The summit included industry leading guest speakers that presented informative case studies, thought leader discussions, and time for interactive dialogue with attendees. The summit was led by OPEN MINDS Senior Associate Deb Adler.
The week also commenced with two timely seminars. Thriving With Managed Care: An OPEN MINDS Executive Seminar On Organizational Competencies & Best Practices In Health Plan Contract Management was led by OPEN MINDS Senior Associate Ken Carr and OPEN MINDS Advisory Board Member Richard Louis, III, Director of Development – Behavior & Addiction Medicine, Southern California Healthcare Systems, Inc. The seminar focused on the core themes related to customer centric intake and admission processes, winning marketing strategies, account management and customer focused care coordination for effective continued stay reviews.
OPEN MINDS Senior Associate Joseph P. Naughton-Travers, EdM led the seminar, Making The Right Tech Investments For Your Organization: An OPEN MINDS Executive Seminar On Technology Budgeting & Planning. This seminar concentrated on how to develop a technology strategy that aligns with organizations’ strategic plan, how to establish a technology budget that allows organizations to meet their strategic goals and how to apply best practices in technology selection, implementation, and optimization.
On Thursday, February 14th, Bill Green, Chief Executive Officer, Homestead Smart Health Plans kicked- off the main event with his anticipated plenary address: Building A New System For Private Insurance: Innovations & Emerging Models For Employer-Sponsored Health Plans. Friday’s program was opened by Leigh Davison, Staff Vice President, LTSS Specialty Organization, Anthem, Inc. Ms. Davison’s plenary address, Innovative Collaborations & Partnerships For Long-Term Services: The Anthem Perspective, explored the challenges of moving to this new model, how it changes the relationship between provider organizations and health plans, and provided her perspective on the future of LTSS.
The institute’s agenda was complete with knowledge partners, technology demonstrations, and insightful discussion sessions. This all-inclusive program featured many industry thought leaders as faculty, including:
- Micah Adler, Director of Business Development, Valant
- Larry Allen, Chief Operating Officer, CFBHN
- Michelle Aponte-Pacheco, Chief of Revenue Cycle Emergence Health Network
- Erin Boyd, Behavioral Network Manager, Cigna
- Debbie Cagle Wells, Chief Marketing Officer Centerstone
- William Camp, MBA, Operations Compliance Manager, Tri-County Human Services
- Kelly J. Champ, Vice President, Network Strategy & Innovation, Optum
- Monica Collins, MA, MBA, Senior Director, System Transformation, Magellan Behavioral Health of Pennsylvania
- John M. Corneilson, MBA, Senior Vice President & Chief Financial Officer, Meridian Behavioral Healthcare, Inc.
- Donald J. Dauman, MBA LCSWR, Chief Financial Officer, Spectrum Health & Human Services
- Leigh Davison, Staff Vice President, LTSS Specialty Organization Anthem, Inc.
- Matthew M. Dorman, Co-Founder & CEO, Credible Behavioral Health Software
- Edward Farbenblum, Chief Executive Officer, VestraCare
- Lora Fisher, Clinical Program Manager, Cigna
- Ravi Ganesan, President & Chief Executive Officer, Core Solutions, Inc.
- Brian Gann, Enterprise Account Executive, Valant
- Bill Green, Chief Executive Officer, Homestead Smart Health Plans
- Scott Green, Senior Vice President & GM, Behavioral Health & CareGuidance, Netsmart
- Anna P. Hundley, Executive Director, Autism Treatment Center
- Lisa Kay, Clinical Program Manager, Cigna
- Tristan Keelan, Marketing Strategist TenEleven Group
- Maggie Labarta, Ph.D. President & Chief Executive Officer, Meridian Behavioral Healthcare, Inc.
- Vanessa R. Lane, MBA, Vice President, Revenue Cycle Management/ Data Analytics, Grafton Integrated Health Network
- Erik Marsh, President and CEO, DATIS HR Cloud
- Blake A. Martin, MHA, Executive Vice President & Chief Development Officer Monarch
- Matt Miller, Senior Vice President, Public Sector, Magellan Healthcare
- Katie Morrow, Vice President of Compliance, Streamline Healthcare Solutions
- Colleen Muncy, MBA, Owner/Managing Director, Align HealthCare Solutions, LLC
- Keith Neal, MBA, MHL, CHFP Senior Vice President & Chief Financial Officer Advocates
- Jaclyn O’Donnell, Executive Vice President, Credible Behavioral Health Software
- Beth Rath, PMP, Vice President Network Operations, New Directions
- Keith Raskin, MA, LMHC, Vice President of Acute Care Services, Aspire Health Partners
- Diana Salvador, Psy.D., Vice President, Quality Assurance and Risk Management, CPC Behavioral Healthcare
- Ashley Sandoval, Associate Chief Executive Officer, Emergence Health Network
- James Stewart, President & CEO, Grafton Integrated Health Network
- Sheila Sudhakar, M.D., Senior Medical Director, Cigna Medical Group
- Chris Thompson, Vice President of Operations-Behavioral Health, Monarch
- Philip O. Toal, Ed.D., LMHC, CET, Sr. Vice President, Residential Services, Aspire Health Partners
For the grand finale on Friday, February 15th, OPEN MINDS Chief Executive Officer, Monica E. Oss presented her keynote address, The New Financial Normal: Moving Value-Based Reimbursement From Concept To Practice. Her closing keynote address covered the sweeping culture, contracting, staffing, workflow, and operational changes that the shift to VBR demands, and how organizations can ensure that they are ready to face the new financial normal.
All presentations and materials from the event are available online to Institute attendees and OPEN MINDS Circle Elite and Premium members. Learn more about becoming an OPEN MINDS Circle member online at www.openminds.com/membership.
The 2020 OPEN MINDS Performance Management Institute will be held on February 12-14, 2020 at the Sheraton Sand Key Resort, Clearwater Beach, Florida.
Next in the OPEN MINDS executive education series is The 2019 OPEN MINDS Strategy & Innovation Institute. The institute is the premier national meeting focused on giving executives the strategy, service line development, and innovation management tools executive teams need to move their organization from the concept of value-based reimbursement, to success in the new financial normal. Early registration is recommended as this event has historically sold out. Online registration is available online at: https://strategy.openminds.com/register.
For additional questions and inquiries, please contact Sarah C. Threnhauser, Executive Vice President, OPEN MINDS or Stacey Cotton, Institute Director, Education Programs at 717-334-1329 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT OPEN MINDS
OPEN MINDS is a national market intelligence and strategic advisory firm focused on the sectors of the health and human service field serving consumers with chronic conditions and complex support needs. Founded in 1987 and based in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, the 175+ associates provide market insights and innovative management solutions designed to improve operational and strategic performance. Learn more at www.openminds.com.