The social service market is defined as supports and services related to the social determinants of health such as poverty, food insecurity, lack of education, racism, discrimination, environment, and community conditions. Addressing social determinants of health has become a common strategic conversation in a market focused on whole person care and the value equation. Payers and health plans are taking a more structured approach to addressing social support needs and this opens new possibilities for managers of organizations that provide social support programs that have typically been excluded from health care financing arrangements.
- Severe Loneliness Can Increase Health Care Costs By Over $300 Per Month
- Expanded Immigration 'Public Charge' Rules Go Into Effect In October 2019; Legal Immigrants May Be Denied Green Cards For Use Of SNAP Or Medicaid
- Post-Discharge Home-Delivered Meals ROI At 157% In Medicare Fee-For-Service
- Social Factors Are Primary Impediments To Managing Care For High-Cost Medicaid Beneficiaries
Federal mandatory spending for means-tested safety net programs is estimated to increase approximately 57.1% by 2028. Federal mandatory spending for means-tested programs and tax credits that provide cash payments or other assistance to people with relatively low income or few assets is estimated at $700 billion ($0.7 trillion) in 2018. Among the mandatory programs, the largest… Read
- Z Codes Utilization Among Medicare Fee-For-Service (FFS) Beneficiaries In 2017
- Demographic, Health Care & Fertility-Related Characteristics Of Adults Aged 18–44 Who Have Ever Been In Foster Care: United States, 2011–2017
- Tennessee House Bill 836: An Act To Amend Tennessee Code Annotated, Title 36, Chapter 1, Part 1, Relative To Child Placement
- Is Care Coordination A Bust Without Social Services?
- California Prisons Roll Out Integrated Addiction Treatment Programs
- Number Of Homeless Students Rose 137% From 2015 to 2018
- Non-Profit Hospitals With High Financial Performance Provide Disproportionately Low Levels Of Charity Care
- Sutter Health & Lyft Collaborate To Provide Consumers & Staff With Improved Transportation Options
- High Intensity Of Care Management & Community Health Worker Intervention Associated With Higher Health Care Utilization
- Federal Data Summary School Years 2015-16 Through 2017-28, Education For Homeless Children & Youth
- Hospitals Spent $2.5 Billion On Social Determinant Programs From 2017 To 2019
- Los Angeles Launches Pilot Entrepreneurship Program For People With Housing Insecurity Or Homelessness
- Vigo County, Indiana To Build New 500-Bed Jail To Resolve Litigation About Overcrowding & Poor Conditions
- What Is Your Competition Up To?
- UPMC & PSU Enter Partnership To Help Sexual Assault Victims
- Vigo County, Indiana Jail & Criminal Justice Assessment, Part 1
- Medicare Data Indicates 4.7% Rise In Use Of Z Codes To Document Social Determinants Of Health
- New York City Could See Shortage Of Nearly 2,000 Preschool Special Ed Seats In Spring 2020
- Adults Who Had Been In Foster Care Had Lower Educational Attainment & More Likely Need Public Assistance
- Nestidd Raises $20 Million Fund To Combat Disability Housing Crisis
- UnitedHealthcare Expands Initiative To Use Diagnostic Codes To Capture Social Determinants Of Health
- Social Determinants—The Next Frontier
- Do You Have A SDH Screening Tool?
- Social Services ROI Essential To Social Determinants Wave
Government Contract Bidding Opportunities
- Texas Seeks Onsite, Telephonic, and Video Remote Interpreting Services
- Federal Government Announces Improving Community Supervision Outcomes Through Swift, Certain, and Fair Responses Grant Funding
- Georgia's Gwinnett County Seeks Medical Waste Disposal Services
- Utah's Salt Lake County Seeks Effective Practices in Community Supervision Services
Government Contract Award Announcements
- South Dakota Awards 24/7 Sobriety Program Monitoring Software Services Contract to Alcohol Monitoring Systems, Inc.
- Utah Awards Multiple Medical Cannabis Pharmacy Services Contracts
- California's San Diego County Awards Multiple All Domestic Violence Shelter-Based Program Services Contracts
- California's San Diego County Awards Phlebotomy and Other Evidence Collection Services Contract to California Forensic Phlebotomy, Inc.