Mental Health Services
The mental health market is defined as treatment services for mental and emotional health and psychiatric care for individuals of all ages. Mental health services are provided by a wide array of professionals, including certified counselors, psychiatrists, psychologists, and neurologists. The mental health market is facing new challenges – continued cost pressures on Medicare, Medicaid, and government programs; a shift to value-based care financing models; increased consolidation of health systems; and a push towards tech-enabled, consumer-led interventions. While these challenges may seem immense, the mental health market has experienced numerous shifts over the years from the move to managed care to increased community-based care. Organizations that can adapt to these changes are most likely to succeed.
- CMS Approves D.C. Medicaid Payment For IMD Services
- Medicaid Beneficiaries With Schizophrenia Had 50% To 92% Higher Health Care Utilization Rates
- Number Of U.S. Mental Health Facilities Offering Telepsychiatry Doubled Since 2010
- FDA Clears First Antipsychotic Transdermal Patch For Schizophrenia Treatment
About 3.4% of adults, or approximately 8.5 million, in the United States have co-occurring mental and substance use disorders (SUDs). This is about 45.5% of adults with SUD, and about 18.2% of adults with any mental illness (AMI). These findings were reported in the "National Survey on Drug Use and Health 2017" by the federal… Read
- New Mexico Settles With Final Five Behavioral Health Organizations Over 2013 Medicaid Fraud Allegations
- Telespsychiatry-Enabled Perinatal Integrated Care Improves Consumer Access & Engagement With Behavioral Health
- What Is Your Competition Up To?
- State Policy On Medicaid Benefits For State Prison Inmates: A State-By-State Review
- New University Of California Program Will Double Pipeline Of Specialized Mental Health Professionals
- CMS 2020 Core Set Of Health Care Quality Measures For Medicaid Health Home Programs
- Banner Health Opens Mental Health Unit For Older Adults In Northern Colorado
- Cimarron Healthcare Capital Announces Acquisition Of Ascent Behavioral Health
- El Paso Veterans Affairs Health Care System To Open New Mental Health Clinic
- Mental Health America Announces 'Bell Seal For Workplace Mental Health' National Employer Certification Program
- Heroin Use In The United States Rose Between 2002 & 2018
- Maine Rebidding Youth Peer Support Contract
- Summit BHC Expands Its Presence Into Colorado With First Acute Psychiatric Acquisition In 2020
- Florida Behavioral Health System State Profile Report
- North Texas Behavioral Health Authority Board Of Directors Meeting Documents For February 12, 2020
- DEA Search Warrant DrChrono, Inc. Re: Institute Of Advanced Medicine & Surgery
- DEA Search Warrant The DrChrono Inc. Re: Gaby Pain Clinic
- Virtual Behavior Therapy Improved Engagement Of People With Heart Failure
- HonorHealth, Universal Health Services Break Ground On New Behavioral Health Hospital
- 20% Of Emergency Departments Use Telepsychiatry, 59% Use Only Telepsychiatry For Emergency Services
- What Is The Future Of The CCBHC?
- Indiana Medicaid To Reimburse For Short-Term IMD Services
- What Will Mental Health Treatment Look Like In The Years Ahead?
- Behavioral Health Apps Have Limited Effects
Government Contract Bidding Opportunities
- Mississippi Seeks Psychiatrist Services
- Utah Seeks Temporary Psychiatrist Services for Corrections
- California's San Luis Obispo County Seeks Physician Management Services
- Colorado's Boulder County Seeks Evaluation Services
Government Contract Award Announcements
- California's San Diego County Awards Resilience Community Mentoring Program Services Contract to Social Advocates for Youth
- California's San Diego County Awards Community Care Coordination Services Contract to People Assisting The Homeless
- California's San Diego County Awards Faith-Based Wellness and Mental Health In-Reach Ministry Services Contract to Neighborhood House Association
- California's San Diego County Awards Supported Employment Technical Assistance Services Contract to San Diego Workforce Partnership, Inc.