Autism & I/DD
Intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD) are a physical and/or cognitive impairments that occur before the age of 22. Autism spectrum disorder is generally considered a type of developmental disability that affects behavior and communication. The autism and I/DD market provides supports and health care services to these populations. Over the past decade, there has been an increase in the changes and challenges affecting I/DD and autism markets—the move to managed care and value-based care, the shift away from residential treatment, the increasing emphasis on consumer-directed care, and new workforce challenges.
- Autism CARES Act Of 2019 Creates Opportunities For Autism Service Provider Organizations
- Optum Launches Care Coordination Software For I/DD & Complex Care Needs
- Co-Occurring Mental Health Conditions Are More Prevalent Among People With Autism
- Eight States Using Alternate Payment Models For I/DD Services
Two recent studies estimated autism prevalence among children in the United States in 2016; both estimate the current prevalence at 2.5%, or one in every 40 children ages 3 to 17. The estimates are based on parent responses to the 2016 National Survey of Children’s Health (NSCH), a nationwide, population-based, cross-sectional survey, directed by the… Read
- Are You The Apple Store (Or Radio Shack)?
- DOJ Finds Maine Violates ADA By Limiting Access To HCBS
- FDA Authorizes Marketing Of The First Genetic Test To Aid Diagnosis Of Fragile X Syndrome
- The Future Has Already Happened – Looking Back To The Future
- Well Being Trust Urges Changes To U.S. Behavioral Health Policy To Improve Assessment & Access To Care
- 10.5% Of Students With Disabilities Had Autism In 2018, Up From 4.97% In 2008
- Infants Who Exhibit Early Insecure-Resistant Attachment To Parent Are More Than Nine Times More Likely To Receive An Autism Diagnosis By Age 3
- Colorado Cuts I/DD Waiting List By 61% From 2013 To 2019
- Colorado Department Of Health Care Policy & Financing: HB 14-1051 Update
- Developmental Disabilities More Common In Rural Areas
- BlueSprig & FAC Partner To Build A National Leader In ABA Therapy Services
- 63% Of Pediatricians Use A Standardized Tool For Developmental Screenings, Up From 21% In 2002
- Who's Waiting & Why?
- The Changing Landscape For Autism & I/DD Services: An Executive Briefing
- The Evolving Market For Consumers With Intellectual & Developmental Disabilities: An OPEN MINDS 2020 Market Intelligence Report
- Prevalence Of Children Aged 3–17 Years With Developmental Disabilities, By Urbanicity: United States, 2015–2018
- MACPAC Report To Congress: Oversight Of Institutions For Mental Diseases
- FDA Rule: Banned Devices; Electrical Stimulation Devices For Self-Injurious Or Aggressive Behavior
- Making Specialty Health Plans ‘Work’
- California Launches Task Force To Coordinate System Changes To Behavioral Health System
- Autism—Increasing Demand, Increasing Cost & New Service Models
- A New Autism Program In Your Future? What To Consider
- Are You In A 'Technology First' State? What Does That Mean?
- Opportunities In The Autism Market Shift With More Managed Care
Government Contract Bidding Opportunities
- Nevada's Washoe County Seeks Special Education Supplemental Curriculum Services
- Rhode Island Seeks Intermediate Care Facility for Individuals With Intellectual Developmental Disabilities
- Alabama Seeks Autism Compliance Officer Services
- Maryland Seeks Systematic, Therapeutic, Assessment, Resources, and Treatment Services
Government Contract Award Announcements
- Wisconsin Awards Day Programming and Transportation Services Contract to Mobility Training and Independent Living Program, Inc.
- Texas Awards Multiple Temporary Staffing Services Contracts
- Iowa Awards Multiple Facilitator Supporting Literacy Outcomes for Learners With Significant Cognitive Disabilities Contracts
- Wisconsin Awards Pre-Admission Screening and Resident Review Services Contract to MAXIMUS Health Services, Inc.