Autism & I/DD
Intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD) are a physical and/or cognitive impairments that occur before the age of 22. Autism spectrum disorder is generally considered a type of developmental disability that affects behavior and communication. The autism and I/DD market provides supports and health care services to these populations. Over the past decade, there has been an increase in the changes and challenges affecting I/DD and autism markets—the move to managed care and value-based care, the shift away from residential treatment, the increasing emphasis on consumer-directed care, and new workforce challenges.
- Autism CARES Act Of 2019 Creates Opportunities For Autism Service Provider Organizations
- Optum Launches Care Coordination Software For I/DD & Complex Care Needs
- Co-Occurring Mental Health Conditions Are More Prevalent Among People With Autism
- Eight States Using Alternate Payment Models For I/DD Services
Two recent studies estimated autism prevalence among children in the United States in 2016; both estimate the current prevalence at 2.5%, or one in every 40 children ages 3 to 17. The estimates are based on parent responses to the 2016 National Survey of Children’s Health (NSCH), a nationwide, population-based, cross-sectional survey, directed by the… Read
- Settlement In D.K., Et Al., v. New York Office For Persons With Developmental Disabilities
- Lawsuit Challenges New Pennsylvania I/DD Waiver Rates For Community Participation Support Services
- Pennsylvania Department Of Human Services Fee Schedule Rates For Community Participation Support Services Funded Through The Consolidated, Community Living & Person/Family Directed Support Waivers & The Community Intellectual Disability Base-Funded Program
- RCPA, Et Al. v. DHS, Et Al. – Amended Complaint
- PA Bulletin, Doc. No. 19-1744: Pennsylvania Office Of Developmental Programs: Fee Schedule Rates & Department-Established Fees For Consolidated, Community Living & Person/Family Directed Support Waivers Services, Targeted Support Management & The Community Intellectual Disability Base-Funded Program
- New Saliva Test To Aid In Identification Of Autism
- Jackson House Temecula To Open In February 2020
- American Academy Of Pediatrics Issues New Guidelines For Earlier Autism Diagnosis
- Provident Healthcare Partners Advises Comprehensive Autism Center In Its Acquisition By The Speech Pathology Group
- Public Safety Notification On Exosome Products
- Warning Letter: Chara Biologics, Inc.
- Warning Letter: RichSource Stem Cells, Inc.
- Warning Letter: Liveyon Labs, Inc.
- West Virginia Governor Proposes Eliminating Developmental Disabilities Waiver Program Waitlist
- Professionals Serving Individuals With I/DD Have Gaps In Knowledge About I/DD & Co-Occurring Mental Health Disorders
- Caregiver Inc. To Acquire Mosaic Services In Texas
- ADHD Diagnosis Online Launching Diagnostic Tool
- Mesa, Arizona Becomes First-Ever Autism Certified City In U.S.
- 15 New Contract Awards To Consider In Your Strategy
- Missouri DMH 1915c Home & Community Based Services Waivers
- A New Autism Program In Your Future? What To Consider
- Enrollment Of The Medicaid I/DD Population In Managed Care For Acute Care Services: An OPEN MINDS Market Intelligence Report
- Autism—Increasing Demand, Increasing Cost & New Service Models
- Are You In A 'Technology First' State? What Does That Mean?
Government Contract Bidding Opportunities
- Nevada's Washoe County Seeks Special Education Supplemental Curriculum Services
- Rhode Island Seeks Intermediate Care Facility for Individuals With Intellectual Developmental Disabilities
- Alabama Seeks Autism Compliance Officer Services
- Maryland Seeks Systematic, Therapeutic, Assessment, Resources, and Treatment Services
Government Contract Award Announcements
- Texas Awards Multiple Temporary Staffing Services Contracts
- Iowa Awards Multiple Facilitator Supporting Literacy Outcomes for Learners With Significant Cognitive Disabilities Contracts
- Wisconsin Awards Pre-Admission Screening and Resident Review Services Contract to MAXIMUS Health Services, Inc.
- Kansas Awards Rate Setting Services Contract to Myers and Stauffer, LC