Disability Support & Long Term Care Services
Disability and long-term care refers to institutional and community-based care that support individuals with activities of daily living and services related to age or disability. Over the past decade, there has been an increase in the changes and challenges affecting the disability support and long-term care market markets—the move to managed care and subsequently value-based care, the shift to home- and community-based care, the increase in the aging population, and new workforce challenges.
- Medicaid Electronic Visit Verification Rules Start January 1, 2020; CMS Begins Accepting State Good Faith Effort Exemption Requests
- Median Annual Cost For Private Nursing Home Unit Tops $102,000 In 2019
- 7.8 Million New Direct Care Workers Will Be Needed By 2026
- CMS Requiring ‘Trauma-Informed’ Nursing Home Services By December 2019
On November 8, 2019, CMS published the final rule to implement the Medicare home health “Patient-Driven Groupings Model” (PDGM), a new payment model, starting on or after January 1, 2020. PDGM is an alternate case-mix adjustment methodology intended to place beneficiaries into more meaningful payment categories with a 30-day unit of payment, rather than the… Read
- Who's Waiting & Why?
- New DOJ Initiative Targets ‘Worst Nursing Homes’ For Care Quality
- Housing Provider Organizations Cannot Charge Extra Fees For Allowing An Assistance Animal For People With Disabilities
- Making Specialty Health Plans ‘Work’
- Reducing The Cost Of Reporting 558 Unique Performance Measures
- Relias & PointClickCare To Host Webinar On The Impact Of COVID-19 On Long-Term Care Provider Organizations
- The Pennant Group Acquires Montana Hospice Agency
- Florida Allows Assisted Living Residents To Use Assistive Devices For Mobility & Independence
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act Signed With $3.47 Billion In Funding & New Mandates
- RFA Pre-Release Puts In Question Number Of North Carolina Tailored Behavioral Health Plans To Be Awarded
- Florida House Bill 767 Of 2020: Assisted Living Facilities
- Mortality Rates Persistently Higher For Dual Eligibles Than Medicare Beneficiaries
- Reliq Health Technologies, Inc. Announces New Contract With Direct Access At Home To Provide Its iUGO Care Platform To Over 25,000 Eligible Medicare Beneficiaries In Florida
- Atlas Senior Living & Assurance Scientific Laboratories Partner To Perform COVID-19 Testing
- Residential Care Communities Use Of EHRs Increased 6 Points, To 26%, Between 2012 & 2016
- People With Chronic Pain Using Medical Cannabis Reduced Opioid Use Despite No Changes In Pain Scores
- Technology Is The Secret Sauce For Residential Services
- FTC Blocks Merger Between Philadelphia Hospitals To Prevent Consolidation In The Inpatient Rehabilitation Market
- CMS Center For Medicare & Medicaid Innovation Part D Senior Savings Model CY 2021 Request For Applications For Part D Sponsors
- FTC Complaint For Temporary Restraining Order & Preliminary Injunction Against Merger Of Jefferson Health & Albert Einstein Healthcare Network
- KPC Health Acquires Seven Promise Healthcare Hospitals, Two Skilled Nursing Facilities
- Humana & Private Equity Firm To Launch Senior Primary Care Centers
- Is There Value In Staffing Ratios?
- Sunrise Senior Living Lawsuit Alleges False Advertising In Assisted Living Services
Government Contract Bidding Opportunities
- California's Sacramento County Seeks American Sign Language Interpretation Services
- North Carolina's Union County Seeks Inmate Food Service and Senior Nutrition Program
- Texas Seeks Claims Processing Services
- Washington Seeks Implementing Early Screening of Dyslexia Legislation
Government Contract Award Announcements
- Nebraska Awards Fully Insured Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance Services Contract to United Healthcare Insurance Company
- California's San Diego County Awards Emergency Alerts, Videos, and American Sign Language Interpretation Services Contract to Deaf Link, Inc.
- Connecticut Awards Workers Compensation Third-Party Administrator Services Contract to Gallagher Bassett Services, Inc.
- California's San Diego County Awards Community Service Employment Program for Seniors Contract to SER-Jobs for Progress National, Inc.