Disability Support and Long Term Care Services
Disability and long-term care refers to institutional and community-based care that support individuals with activities of daily living and services related to age or disability. Over the past decade, there has been an increase in the changes and challenges affecting the disability support and long-term care market markets—the move to managed care and subsequently value-based care, the shift to home- and community-based care, the increase in the aging population, and new workforce challenges.
- 7.8 Million New Direct Care Workers Will Be Needed By 2026
- Medicaid Spending On LTSS, At $167 Billion In 2016, Up 4.5% Over Previous Year
- More Than 20% Of 85+ Adults Need ADL Assistance
- HCBS Enrollment Up 5%; Expenditures Per Participant Down 2%
The long-term services and supports (LTSS) market has not changed much until very recently. The market serves nine million Americans who have some type of functional limitations and chronic illnesses – whether young or elderly. The services include supportive home care, community-based support services, and long-term care institutions like nursing homes and intermediate care facilities.… Read
- Nursing Home Citations For Physical, Mental & Sexual Abuse Doubled From 2013-2017
- Federal Appeals Court Reinstates ‘Patient Dumping’ Lawsuits By Nursing Home Residents
- The Arc Of Monroe In New York Launches A New Respite Program For Adults With Developmental Disabilities
- Meals On Wheels America To Expand Mobile App-Based Health & Safety Monitoring Program To Reach 40,000 Homebound Seniors Across Country
- National Down Syndrome Society Names Kandi Pickard President & Chief Executive Officer
- Senate Bill 1510, the Illinois Nursing Home Residents’ Quality Care Initiative
- Addus HomeCare Announces Completion Of Two Acquisitions
- St. Croix Hospice Acquires Hometown Hospice & Homecare
- Healthfirst Launches In-Home Medical Care Program For Complex Conditions
- Humana & Walgreens Expand Senior Care Clinic Venture To Missouri & South Carolina Locations
- Pennsylvania Executive Order Issued Focused On Reduction Of Institutional Care
- Vermont’s Medicaid Home Services Program Slowed Long-Term Care Costs For Individuals Living In Affordable Housing
- Home Health Costs Averaged $50,856 In 2018; Nursing Home Private Room Averaged $105,584
- ‘Umbrella’ To Expand Aging-In-Place Support Services To New Markets
- Arizona Department Of Economic Security/Division Of Developmental Disabilities Proposed Provider Rate Increases For FY 2020
- VA Nursing Home Care: VA Has Opportunities to Enhance Its Oversight and Provide More Comprehensive Information on Its Website
- CY 2020 Medicare Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment System and Ambulatory Surgical Center Payment System Proposed Rule (CMS-1717-P)
- Proposed Policy, Payment, and Quality Provisions Changes to the Medicare Physician Fee Schedule for Calendar Year 2020
- SeniorWell Expands Services To Iowa & Virginia
- New Oregon Law Supports Medical Decisionmaking For Adults With Developmental Disabilities
- KPC Health Acquires Seven Promise Healthcare Hospitals, Two Skilled Nursing Facilities
- Cornerstone Healthcare Group Announces Two Partnerships With Home Health Acquisition & Launch Of Long-Term Acute Care Joint Venture Hospital
- Is There Value In Staffing Ratios?
- Veterans Affairs Selects Virta Health For A National Type 2 Diabetes Program
Government Contract Bidding Opportunities
- Colorado's Boulder County Seeks Age Well Stakeholder Group Facilitator Services
- Federal Government Announces Sign Language/Interpreter Services Funding
- Arkansas Seeks Workers Compensation Managed Care Services
- Arizona Seeks Occupational Therapist, Physical Therapist, and Speech-Language Pathologist Services
Government Contract Award Announcements
- Nebraska Awards Fully Insured Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance Services Contract to United Healthcare Insurance Company
- California's San Diego County Awards Emergency Alerts, Videos, and American Sign Language Interpretation Services Contract to Deaf Link, Inc.
- Connecticut Awards Workers Compensation Third-Party Administrator Services Contract to Gallagher Bassett Services, Inc.
- California's San Diego County Awards Community Service Employment Program for Seniors Contract to SER-Jobs for Progress National, Inc.