Disability Support and Long Term Care Services
Disability and long-term care refers to institutional and community-based care that support individuals with activities of daily living and services related to age or disability. Over the past decade, there has been an increase in the changes and challenges affecting the disability support and long-term care market markets—the move to managed care and subsequently value-based care, the shift to home- and community-based care, the increase in the aging population, and new workforce challenges.
- 7.8 Million New Direct Care Workers Will Be Needed By 2026
- Medicaid Spending On LTSS, At $167 Billion In 2016, Up 4.5% Over Previous Year
- More Than 20% Of 85+ Adults Need ADL Assistance
- HCBS Enrollment Up 5%; Expenditures Per Participant Down 2%
The long-term services and supports (LTSS) market has not changed much until very recently. The market serves nine million Americans who have some type of functional limitations and chronic illnesses – whether young or elderly. The services include supportive home care, community-based support services, and long-term care institutions like nursing homes and intermediate care facilities.… Read
- 35% Of People With Chronic Illnesses Struggle To Pay Bills
- Medicaid Electronic Visit Verification Rules Start January 1, 2020; CMS Begins Accepting State Good Faith Effort Exemption Requests
- SNF Nurse Practitioner-Led Medication Reconciliation Reduces Hospital Readmissions By 29.7%
- LifePod Partners With Wingate Healthcare To Provide Proactive-Voice Caregiving Service To Residents In Assisted Living Locations In Northeast
- Legacy Healthcare Assumes Control Over 16 South Dakota Nursing Homes In Receivership
- The Five VBR Competencies I/DD & LTSS Organizations Need
- Pennsylvania Auditor General Releases Recommendations To Build Long-Term Care Workforce Capacity
- New Illinois Law Will Fine Nursing Homes For Staffing Shortages
- AMA Startup To Launch Medicare Advantage Plan ‘Zing Health’
- Virtual Physical Rehabilitation Is As Effective As In-Person Services
- Preparing I/DD & Other Long-Term Care Organizations For Managed Care: Group Discussion & Workshop
- Addus HomeCare Signs Definitive Agreement To Purchase Hospice Partners Of America
- Family Caregivers Average 65.8 Years Of Age
- 64% Of Adults Over The Age Of 60 Would Prefer Assisted Living To A Family Caregiver
- Outcome Evaluation Of The National Family Caregiver Support Program
- Family Caregivers: Examining Caregiver Characteristics, Caregiving Support & Other Caregiving Dynamics That Differ Between Short-Term & Long-Term Caregivers
- Who Will Take Care Of Mom & Dad?
- Illinois Senate Bill 1510 "The Illinois Nursing Home Residents’ Quality Care Initiative"
- Visiting Nurse Association Health Group To Join BAYADA Home Health Care
- Nursing Home Administrator Average Salary Rose 4.35% To $128,000
- KPC Health Acquires Seven Promise Healthcare Hospitals, Two Skilled Nursing Facilities
- Is There Value In Staffing Ratios?
- Cornerstone Healthcare Group Announces Two Partnerships With Home Health Acquisition & Launch Of Long-Term Acute Care Joint Venture Hospital
- Humana & Walgreens Expand Senior Care Clinic Venture To Missouri & South Carolina Locations
Government Contract Bidding Opportunities
- Alaska Seeks Occupational Therapy Services
- West Virginia Seeks Physical Therapy Services
- Ohio Seeks Early Intervention Nutrition Services
- Texas Seeks Speech Therapy, Occupational and Physical Therapy, Evaluation, and Related Special Education Services
Government Contract Award Announcements
- Nebraska Awards Fully Insured Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance Services Contract to United Healthcare Insurance Company
- California's San Diego County Awards Emergency Alerts, Videos, and American Sign Language Interpretation Services Contract to Deaf Link, Inc.
- Connecticut Awards Workers Compensation Third-Party Administrator Services Contract to Gallagher Bassett Services, Inc.
- California's San Diego County Awards Community Service Employment Program for Seniors Contract to SER-Jobs for Progress National, Inc.