Disability Support & Long Term Care Services
Disability and long-term care refers to institutional and community-based care that support individuals with activities of daily living and services related to age or disability. Over the past decade, there has been an increase in the changes and challenges affecting the disability support and long-term care market markets—the move to managed care and subsequently value-based care, the shift to home- and community-based care, the increase in the aging population, and new workforce challenges.
- Medicaid Electronic Visit Verification Rules Start January 1, 2020; CMS Begins Accepting State Good Faith Effort Exemption Requests
- Median Annual Cost For Private Nursing Home Unit Tops $102,000 In 2019
- 7.8 Million New Direct Care Workers Will Be Needed By 2026
- CMS Requiring ‘Trauma-Informed’ Nursing Home Services By December 2019
On November 8, 2019, CMS published the final rule to implement the Medicare home health “Patient-Driven Groupings Model” (PDGM), a new payment model, starting on or after January 1, 2020. PDGM is an alternate case-mix adjustment methodology intended to place beneficiaries into more meaningful payment categories with a 30-day unit of payment, rather than the… Read
- Social Security Administration Notice Of Proposed Rulemaking: Rules Regarding The Frequency & Notice Of Continuing Disability Reviews
- Assessing Payment Adequacy & Updating Payments For Skilled Nursing Facilities
- San Francisco's ‘Support At Home’ Program To Be Awarded In January 2020
- Massachusetts Offers Older Adults The Best Protections Against Abuse, New Jersey Offers The Weakest Protections
- Older Adults Rank Home As Top Choice For Long-Term Care, But Assisted Living Is Second Choice
- New Tool Helps Organizations That Support Family Caregivers
- And The Winner Is? Some Of The Largest Health & Human Service Government Contract Awards In 2019
- Person-Centered Approach To Dementia Care Cuts Antipsychotic Use For Over Half Of Residents
- MedPAC Asserts Medicare Skilled Nursing Reimbursement Is Too High Based On 10% Aggregate Margins
- National Home Health Spending In 2018 Rose By 5.8%, Long-Term Care Facility Spending Rose By 1.4%
- Almost 33% Of All Caregivers To Those With Disabilities Report Being Diagnosed With Depression Or An Anxiety Disorder, Compared To 20% Of Non-Caregivers
- 12% Of Elderly Consumers Take 10 Or More Medications Per Week
- LHC Group & Ochsner Health System Announce Acquisition Expanding Partnership
- West Virginia Governor Proposes Eliminating Developmental Disabilities Waiver Program Waitlist
- Social Security Administration Proposes Revisions To Continuing Disability Reviews
- Average Hospice Director Salary Increased 2.3% In 2019, To $108,000
- What Developments Caught The Eyes Of Executives In 2019?
- Prism Medical Healthcare Completed Acquisition Of Harvest Healthcare
- HouseWorks Acquires Extended Family
- Landmark Health's In-Home Medical Care Program Cut Mortality Rates by 26%, Cost Of Care By 20%
- KPC Health Acquires Seven Promise Healthcare Hospitals, Two Skilled Nursing Facilities
- Medicare Home Health Services To Move To New Payment Model On January 1, 2020
- Is There Value In Staffing Ratios?
- CMS Plans Outcomes-Based Plan For Electronic Visit Verification Certification
Government Contract Bidding Opportunities
- New York's Monroe County Seeks Aging and Youth Planning and Program Services
- Oklahoma Seeks Sign Language Interpretation and Live Captioning Services
- Idaho Seeks Person-Centered Thinking Training and People Planning Together Train-the-Trainer Services
- Missouri Seeks Speech Language Therapy Services
Government Contract Award Announcements
- Nebraska Awards Fully Insured Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance Services Contract to United Healthcare Insurance Company
- California's San Diego County Awards Emergency Alerts, Videos, and American Sign Language Interpretation Services Contract to Deaf Link, Inc.
- Connecticut Awards Workers Compensation Third-Party Administrator Services Contract to Gallagher Bassett Services, Inc.
- California's San Diego County Awards Community Service Employment Program for Seniors Contract to SER-Jobs for Progress National, Inc.