Children & Family Services
The children and family services market encompasses a wide range of services and supports for children who are involved with the child welfare system and/or who have complex physical and behavioral health conditions. For organizations serving children, the market challenges are increasing – from increased incidence of serious child mental health issues and autism, to a lack of community-based placements for children with complex needs, to increases in family involvement in the child welfare system due to parental opioid use, to uncertainty in the special education sector about the implications of new federal policies.
- One In Three U.S. Children Have An Adverse Childhood Experience
- Number Of Children In Foster Care Drops 0.8% From 2017 To 2018
- ‘Family First’ Requires 50% Of Title IV-E Spending On Interventions Not Covered By Other Payers
- Between 8% & 19% Of Children With Intensive Behavioral Needs Placed In Treatment Foster Care
The number of children removed from their homes and placed in foster care due to parental drug use increased by 147% between 2000 and 2017. In 2000, 14.5% of the total 269,382 children removed that year were due to parental drug use; 39,130 children were affected. In 2017, 36.3% of the total 266,583 children removed… Read
- Virginia Juvenile Justice Overhaul Results In Fewer Incarcerated Children
- Child Poverty Most Widespread In Southern States
- Texas DFPS Expands Foster Care Contract With 2INgage To Include Case Management
- A Deep Dive To Maintain Your Market Edge
- Emilio Health Raises $5 Million To Redefine Behavioral Health For Children & Their Families
- Blueprint For A Healthy Texas – 2020 HHS Business Plan
- 70% Of Medicaid-Enrolled Youth Did Not Receive Timely Addiction Treatment Following Opioid Overdose
- Hennepin County Settlement Agreement To Improve Child Protection Services
- Kansas Governor To Create New Department Of Human Services
- San Diego County Adopts Multidisciplinary Team Decisionmaking Model For Child Welfare Hotline Calls
- Recommendations For Improving County Of San Diego Child Welfare Services: A Report To The County Of San Diego Chief Administrative Officer
- T.F. Et Al., v. Hennepin County, Stipulation & Settlement Agreement
- T.F. Et Al., v. Hennepin County: Declaration Of James L. Volling
- County Of San Diego Board Of Supervisors: Regular Meeting Agenda For Tuesday, December 10, 2019
- NYC Children Prevention Services: Family Experience Survey 2019
- Washington DCYF Selects 10 Services For Family First Prevention Services Act Plan
- Two-Thirds Of Incarcerated Youth Are In Secure Facilities
- Black Youth Suicide Attempt Rate Rose 73% Between 1991 & 2017
- The Issue Of 'Professional' Foster Parents
- And The Winner Is? Some Of The Largest Health & Human Service Government Contract Awards In 2019
- Child Welfare Services – How Much Are We Spending?
- National Youth Advocates Wins $1.9 Million Florida Foster Care Case Management Contract
- West Virginia Seeks Specialized Managed Care for Children and Youth
- Keeping Tabs On The Current Performance For Child Mental Health
Government Contract Bidding Opportunities
- California's Merced County Seeks Pre and Post-Adoptive Services
- Minnesota Seeks Help Desk Assistance and Customer Services
- Delaware Seeks Parents as Teachers - Home Visiting Program Services
- Kentucky Seeks Child Support Genetic Testing Services
Government Contract Award Announcements
- West Virginia Awards Specialized Managed Care for Children and Youth Contract to Aetna
- Nebraska Awards Full Service Case Management Contract to Saint Francis Ministries, Inc.
- Texas Awards Program Manager Services Contract to Lockwood, Andrews and Newman, Inc.
- Kansas Awards Family Support Network Services Contract to Kansas Family Advisory Network, Inc.