Children & Family Services
The child and family services markets encompasses a wide range of services and supports for children who are involved with the child welfare system and/or who have complex physical and behavioral health conditions. For organizations serving children, the market challenges are increasing – from increased incidence of serious child mental health issues and autism, to a lack of community-based placements for children with complex needs, to increases in family involvement in the child welfare system due to parental opioid use, to uncertainty in the special education sector about the implications of new federal policies.
- The Number Of Uninsured Children In The United States Increased For The First Time Since 2008
- ACF Launches Implementation Of Legislation Allowing States To Use Title IV-E Funds For Prevention Services
- Feds Propose New Rules For Licensing Foster Homes; By April 2019 States Must Tell How Their Rules Align
- 16.5% Of Children In The United States Have At Least One Mental Health Disorder
Last week, we had our first annual OPEN MINDS Children's Services Executive Summit, and my collaborator and colleague, OPEN MINDS Senior Associate Howard Shiffman and I weren't quite sure what to expect. We've both been working in the children's services space for a while, and we’ve seen a lot of change. What we found was… Read
- Arc Of Yates Adds Health Home Care Management Services
- Child Welfare: Various HHS Offices Provided Input On Decision To Grant Exception From Religious Nondiscrimination Requirement
- Indiana Medicaid Considering Foster Care Managed Care Program
- Child Care Is Unaffordable
- Nebraska Begins Transferring Child Welfare Cases To New Contractor
- West Virginia Awards Aetna Better Health 3.5-Year $200 Million MCO Contract For Foster Care Population
- Pennsylvania Enacts New Licensure Requirements For Medicaid Child Behavioral Health Services
- Washington State DCYF Expands Home Visiting Services Contracts
- California Proposition 56 Medicaid Developmental Screenings Proposal For Comment March 2019
- California Medicaid Developmental Screening Focus Study Results
- Transition Plan For Illinois Child Welfare Medicaid Managed Care Implementation Workgroup
- Hillsborough County, Florida Juvenile Justice Board Ad Hoc Committee On Dually-Involved Youth, Final Report
- Keeping Tabs On The Current Performance For Child Mental Health
- Report To The Washington State Legislature, Opportunities & Considerations For Expanding Home Visiting Services In Washington State, In Response To HB 2779
- Illinois Department Of Children & Family Services YouthCare Managed Care Letter
- HHS Will Not Enforce Non-Discrimination Rules Against Faith-Based Foster Care & Adoption Provider Organizations
- Ohio Earmarks Funding For Children Involved In Multiple Public Systems
- Many California Foster Children Do Not Receive Timely Medical & Dental Exams
- HHS Notice Of Non-Enforcement Under The Regulatory Flexibility Act
- HHS Notice Of Proposed Rulemaking About Grants Regulation To Align With The Religious Freedom Restoration Act
- Child Welfare Services – How Much Are We Spending?
- National Youth Advocates Wins $1.9 Million Florida Foster Care Case Management Contract
- What Might Work To Improve Outcomes Of Youth Aging Out of Foster Care
- ‘Family First’ Requires 50% Of Title IV-E Spending On Interventions Not Covered By Other Payers
Government Contract Bidding Opportunities
- California's El Dorado County Seeks Domestic Violence Shelter-Based Program Services
- Illinois Seeks State and Federal Grants Monitoring Services
- California's San Diego County Seeks Family Therapy Services
- Texas Seeks Supplemental Staff Development Services
Government Contract Award Announcements
- West Virginia Awards Specialized Managed Care for Children and Youth Contract to Aetna
- Nebraska Awards Full Service Case Management Contract to Saint Francis Ministries, Inc.
- Texas Awards Program Manager Services Contract to Lockwood, Andrews and Newman, Inc.
- Kansas Awards Family Support Network Services Contract to Kansas Family Advisory Network, Inc.