Founded in 1969 as the Northwest Center and rebranded from NHS in 2018, Merakey is a national non-profit organization that provides developmental, behavioral health, and education services. All former and affiliate sites were renamed to Merakey.
Merakey’s mission is “Enriching lives by providing exceptional services through an individualized approach,” while the organization’s vision is “Creating communities where everyone is empowered to take meaningful steps toward reaching their fullest potential.”
Employees & Individuals Served
Merakey employed 9,471 staff and served 41,652 consumers in 2018 through 1,194 different programs. Merakey served 13,626 children and 28,026 adults. They also served consumers for developmental (4,015 consumers), behavioral health (35,944 consumers), and education (1,468 consumers) services.
Headquartered in Lafayette Hill, Pennsylvania, Merakey provides services at 779 sites across 12 states including California, Delaware, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, and Virginia.
Merakey has 1,194 different programs, including programs in behavioral health, intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD), and education and autism.
- This includes 348 different services included in a continuum of care for recovery-focused mental health and addiction treatment in both community-based and site-based settings.
- Total revenue: $210 million
Intellectual & Developmental Disabilities
- This includes 598 different services included in a continuum of care for I/DD in both community-based and site-based settings.
- Total revenue: $286.1 million
Education & Autism
- This includes 87 programs that use the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) in a specialized approach across all service offerings. Board Certified Behavior Analysts develop programs specifically targeted to meet the needs of specific consumers.
- Total revenue: $37.9 million
In 2018, Merakey reported $568.7 million in revenue, that included $206 million for behavioral health services, $280 million in intellectual and development disability services, and $32 million in education and autism services.
- Founded in 1969 as the Northwest Center, Merakey was also recognized previously as Northwestern, NHS Human Services, and NHS. All former and affiliate sites were renamed to Merakey in 2018.
- Merakey’s Quality and Compliance Office (QCO) was awarded another three-year certification by the Health Ethics Trust (HET).
- Joseph S. Martz, Chief Executive Officer
- Ted Dallas, President and Chief Operating Officer
- Derrick Yacovelli, Chief Financial Officer
- Leah Pason, Chief Strategy Officer
- Jill Garfinkle Weitz, Esq., General Counsel
- Tom Morgan, Chief Information Officer
- Brandon Fisher, Senior Vice President, Quality and Compliance and Chief Compliance Officer
- Michael Barton, Executive Vice President and Managing Director, Behavioral Health Services
- Terrence McNelis, Executive Vice President and Managing Director, I/DD Services