About 65% of privately insured youths aged 6 to 17 diagnosed with new-episode post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) in 2012 received treatment, and the remaining 35% diagnosed with new-episode PTSD remained untreated. Based on claims data for ICD-9-CM 309.81, a billable medical code used in 2012 to indicate diagnosis of PTSD, 59.0% of commercially insured youth with new-episode PTSD received psychotherapy alone, 3.2% received pharmacotherapy alone, and 2.7% received combined psychotherapy and pharmacotherapy. New-episode PTSD was defined as any index claim for ICD-9 code 309.81 for which there . . .