Skip to main content
By Athena Mandros

Behavioral health spending reached $213.6 billion in 2015 — an increase of $25.2 billion, or 13.4%, since 2011. The majority of that spending was for mental health services, which accounted for 84%, or $195.6 billion, in spending. (The remaining 16%, or $36 billion, was for addiction treatment services.) The mental health market is defined as treatment services for mental and emotional health and psychiatric care. Mental health services are provided by a wide array of professionals, including certified counselors, psychiatrists, psychologists, and neurologists.

When mental health spending is broken down by payer, private insurance was the largest . . .

Content Restricted

This article is reserved for members with an active Standard Membership. Please purchase a Standard Membership to view this resource.


Tagged As:

Login to access The OPEN MINDS Circle Library. Not a member? Create your free account now!

Close

Support Request

Need help now?

Call our toll-free phone number 877-350-6463