On September 11, 2020, TFI, a child welfare provider organization, and Foster Care Technologies announced a new desktop and mobile app for TFI foster parents. The app, The TFI Foster Family Portal, features different modules to improve communication for foster parents and TFI staff. The goal is to improve information sharing and documents pertaining to current and potential placements.
The TFI Foster Family Portal is available on iOS and Android mobile devices. Innovative features on TFI’s mobile app include a variety of different modules:
- The Licensing and Renewal module allows the tracking and submitting of initial and renewal licensing documents, as well as help keep foster homes in compliance by reminding them when their license and other documents are due. Foster families will no longer be required to store these documents in their email or on paper and will no longer have to try to remember to give them to their worker at home visits. Through the app, foster parents will be able to send an image of the documents.
- The Current Placements module allows TFI and foster parents to share documents that pertain to the current placements in their home, as well as reminders of upcoming appointments.
- Your Matches module allows foster parents to develop profile preferences that are used by TFI’s proprietary software, ECAP (Every Child a Priority) to send suggested placement matches directly to the foster parent’s phone or computer. The foster parent can express interest by clicking a button.
- Foster Family Info module is a collection of helpful forms, websites and other information tailored to the needs of foster families.
- The Notifications module will allow the foster care case worker or TFI to send needed information directly to the foster parent’s phone.
The Foster Family Portal is intended to streamline TFI’s operations and reduce the volume of paper documents. By using the Foster Family Portal, families will be able to submit documentation throughout the month and not just during their visits with their worker. This will allow the family and worker to focus on the “work” and not the “paperwork” during visits.
TFI foster parents can register for the Foster Family Portal at www.fosterfamilyportal.com (accessed September 13, 2020). The app is posted in Google Play Store and Apple App Store.
TFI is child welfare provider organization with operations in Kansas, Nebraska, Oklahoma and Texas. It provides various types of services in the community including foster care services, group home care, case management, independent living, psychiatric residential treatment center, behavioral health, adoption services, visitation services, and aftercare services.
This was reported by TFI on September 11, 2020.
Contact information: Taylor Forrest, Marketing Specialist, TFI Family Services, Post Office Box 2224, Emporia, Kansas 66801; 620-412-7569; Email: email@example.com; Website: https://tfifamily.org/