OPEN MINDS is looking for a Senior Web Developer. This position is for full stack web development, working primarily in developing and maintaining WordPress themes and plugins for clients and internal projects alike. Position is a full-time salaried position.
- Develop complex WordPress plugins and/or themes primarily using PHP.
- Transform visual comps into rich web interactions that are fluidly responsive, performant, semantic, and accessible.
- Mentor engineers and provide code reviews.
- Drive strategy and lead back-end technical vision for large projects.
- Leverage WordPress APIs and extend the WordPress admin experience.
- Solve complex problems in simple ways.
- Solve bugs and address client issues in a fast-paced environment.
- Juggle current projects with incoming tasks.
- Respond directly to clients courteously and clearly.
- Solve client challenges with understanding and empathy.
- Test solutions across multiple browsers and platforms in a local testing environment.
- Deploy changes to live servers.
- Assist in the remediation, enhancement, and maintenance of client sites.
- At least five years experience in back-end focused web development.
- Ability to expertly debug performance and caching issues.
- Code portfolio. Link us to your GitHub account, online portfolio or both.
- Experience using Git.
- Ability to setup a local environment for testing PHP code.
- Proficiency in verbal and written English.
- Ability to communicate professionally with technical and non-technical colleagues and clients.
Nice To Have
- Computer Science degree.
- Skills in Laravel
- Dev ops experience
- Experience working for demanding or enterprise-level clients.
- Evidence of contribution to the broader web development community.
- Remote working experience appreciated.
The associate can work either at our Gettysburg office or out of their home. To apply, please visit this link: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/job/49a01600