OPEN MINDS, a leading market intelligence firm for the health and human service industry, is seeking a Proposal Writer to support sales efforts for all service lines. The incumbent will help achieve company goals through proposal/pricing development and preparation, contract development, and management of pipeline production schedules, tactical plans, marketing initiatives, and all necessary sales support/outreach activities.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead and manage all proposal writing and proposal coordination in conjunction with consulting team members, executive team members, and collaborating partners.
- Support all business development client interactions, in conjunction with the EVP, Business Development, the VP, Business Development, or other assigned leads – including sales calls, web meetings, in-person meetings, and production
- Oversee and support the production schedule and production activities for the master business development pipeline, all business development plans, and all associated tactics for effectively meeting monthly and annual revenue budgets for all OPEN MINDS service lines
- Coordinate and support the preparation of weekly and monthly status reports on all sales and business development activities
The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with ability to interact and present to a wide range of audiences. Candidates should also be well organized, attentive to detail and able to respond well to change and pressure. Knowledge of the health and human services field is preferred.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience in a B2B setting that includes document preparation, plan management, and client interactions.
- Demonstrated ability to meet and exceed organizational objectives through personal project or sales initiatives and/or through the management of proposal-based sales operations.
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize client needs, including the ability to have practical understanding of client problems and good problem-solving skills
- Superior interpersonal skills, with the understanding, and ability to apply, customer service and solution-focused sales concepts on behalf of OPEN MINDS
- Superior writing, verbal communication, and analytical skills.
- Superior organization and decision making skills, with the ability to track and manage multiple tasks and multiple deadlines.
- Proficiency using computer applications, including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, E-mail, and Internet research services.
- A flexible schedule, with the ability to respond to proposal-related or promotion-related deadlines on an as-needed basis.
- Ability to travel throughout the continental United States, on an as-needed basis.
- Ability to travel unattended.
- Visual acuity to perform activities such as preparing and analyzing data, viewing a computer terminal, and extensive reading.
To apply, please follow the link below: