OPEN MINDS is seeking a leader for its national consulting practice. The Executive Vice President, Consulting Services, based at our Gettysburg headquarters, will manage the work of 100+ practice associates for over 150 client organizations.
The EVP, Consulting Services is a key member of the OPEN MINDS executive team – and will be responsible for consulting practice revenue/profitability, client and project management, and consulting client satisfaction. The successful candidate will be a proven ‘business manager’ – with analytical, writing, and organizational skills. This executive is energized by spending time with consultants, peers, and customers – and has an understanding of people, personalities, and relationships.
The EVP, Consulting Services role is a ‘hands on’ management position, reporting to the CEO. Ability to travel and in-depth knowledge of the health and human service market are required.
- Meet revenue, profitability, and net billable hours budgets for the practice
- Oversee practice deadlines and the quality of consulting project deliverables
- Recruit, manage, and deploy consulting team assets
- Lead new project launches – team assignments, transition from business development team, final project workplans, pricing
- Participate in activities of the OPEN MINDS executive team – strategy, budgeting, etc.
- Lead OPEN MINDS consulting practice management review meeting
- Maintain relationships with senior advisors and advisory board relationships – develop plans to build their practices and assess their performance
- Participate in final presentations of key client deliverables – in web meetings and in on-site meetings
- Work with the business development team on overall practice development, proposal development, and on the development of consultant practices
Requirements and characteristics of success:
- A proven ‘business manager’- ability to manage revenue and profitability of the practice – with aptitude in decision-making and problem solving
- Proven experience as a senior operations manager of an intellectual property organization – with 10+ years of operations management experience
- Keen analytical mind with working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics – and ability to use metrics in business management
- Great writing and editing skills
- Superior organizational skills – ability to manage multiple projects and multiple relationships simultaneously
- Extroverted and energized by spending time with consultants, peers, and customers
- Intuitive understanding of people, personalities, and relationships – with strong interpersonal skills
- In-depth knowledge of the health and human service market – and the trends driving the market
- Minimum of BSc/BA in Business Administration or relevant field; MSc/MBA is a plus
- A professional with drive – driven to succeed, to achieve, to excel
We are an equal opportunity employer. No employee or applicant will be discriminated against in any condition of employment because of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Interested candidates may apply here: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/job/554ae933