JOB TITLE: LPN/LVN
Licensed Practical Nurse – Grand Island, Nebraska – 2 positions: This is a full time, hourly (40 hours a week) position with PTO bank starting immediately and health benefits after 60 days of employment.
Licensed Practical Nurse – Osceola, Indiana: This is a full time, hourly (40 hours a week) position with PTO bank starting immediately and health benefits after 60 days of employment.
PHILOSOPHY OF SERVICES ACKNOWLEDGEMENT:
This job carries with it the obligation to fulfill Mosaic’s mission of providing a life of possibilities for people with intellectual disabilities. As One Mosaic, all staff members work together to provide the people Mosaic supports with a meaningful life in a caring community, ensuring they have a voice to share their needs and desires and to advocate for their rights. This job also carries the responsibility to be a good steward of our human and financial resources to create an environment committed to Mosaic’s values of safety, respect, connection and integrity. Staff members are also responsible for demonstrating Mosaic’s 7 Essential Practices of Leadership as it applies to their position. A commitment to this philosophy of services should be demonstrated as job duties are performed.
Monitors the health and medical condition of people served. Responsibilities include administering medications, performing physicals, providing treatment and scheduling medical appointments as needed. Coordinates the schedules for direct care staff or nurses and assigns work.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Monitor the health and medical condition of people served ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements.
2. Administer proper medications according to established guidelines. Provide documentation for all medications given.
3. Provide training to non-medical staff on medication administration and universal precautions.
4. Maintain and review healthcare records of persons served to monitor pertinent issues and provide thorough documentation, written or electronic, including preparation of related reports.
5. Provide treatment and/or healthcare procedures as specified in physician orders and/or as determined by the interdisciplinary team.
6. Make referrals for appropriate medical services and schedule appointments as needed.
7. Perform quarterly and annual physicals; monitor weight gains or losses and update medical records regularly.
8. Coordinate schedules of direct care staff or nurses and assigns work.
9. Maintain contact with the families of people served and inform them of the person’s medical condition, nutritional needs, medications, etc.
10. Monitor budget and approve expenditures for nursing supplies and medications.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
1. Knowledge of Company policies and procedures.
2. Knowledge of and ability to demonstrate Mosaic’s 7 Essential Practices of Leadership.
3. Knowledge of the medical field and related community resources.
4. Knowledge of medication administration guidelines.
5. Skill in administering CPR and first aid.
6. Skill in using a computer.
7. Skill in working with people with intellectual disabilities.
8. Problem-solving skills.
9. Planning and organizational skills.
10. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
11. Ability to communicate effectively in a courteous and professional manner.
12. Ability to read medical records and related information.
13. Ability to stoop, kneel and lift to complete assigned tasks.
14. Ability to write and maintain accurate records.
15. Ability to use a telephone.
16. Ability to work flexible hours.
17. Ability to work in a team environment.
18. Ability to maintain a patient and positive attitude.
19. Ability to drive.
20. Ability to travel as required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Licensed Practical Nursing/Vocational Nursing certification. Minimum of one year of nursing experience. Must have valid state driver’s license.
**NOTE: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. From time to time other duties may be assigned.
Interested candidates may apply here for Grand Island, Nebraska: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/nghome.guid?c=1076241&d=ExternalCareerSite&prc=RMPOD1&r=5000601949306
Interested candidates may apply here for Osceola, Indiana: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/nghome.guid?c=1076241&d=ExternalCareerSite&prc=RMPOD1&r=5000604288706
For more information, contact:
Shanda Hiatt, Talent Acquisition Coordinator