Missouri Association of County Developmental Disabilities Services (MACDDS) is seeking qualified applicants to fill its vacant Executive Director/Chief Executive Officer position.
MACDDS is a 501(c)3 organization with a membership representing sixty-six (66) County Boards who obtain their authority under RSMO 205.968 – 205.972. MACDDS is governed by a fifteen (15) member board of directors elected by the delegates representing the County Board members. The Association also has 17 related private organizations and 1 affiliated public agency as members. The Board is authorized to hire an Executive Director/Chief Executive Officer (ED/CEO) to conduct the business of the organization per its mission, vision, core values, and policies.
- General Functions:
The ED/CEO is the chief administrator providing the professional leadership and administrative management of the Association’s policies and fiscal management of the organization’s $420,000 annual budget.
- The ED/CEO supervises other Association employees and outside independent consultants
- Oversee the annual statewide conference that averages 400+ attendees.The ED/CEO represents the organization with the Association’s stakeholders
- He/she will represent the Association’s membership at various public policy meetings
- The ED/CEO will maintain a collaborative, cooperative relationship with other statewide Associations that have compatible missions with MACDDS.
- It is preferred that the ED/CEO live within commuting distance of Columbia or Jefferson City (relocation stipend available). Working from outside of the mid-Missouri area and attending meetings in Jefferson City or Columbia may be acceptable, depending on the individual’s experiences/expertise.
Candidates for the ED/CEO position should have at least three years of executive leadership and management experiences in associations, non-profit, or related fields.
- A Master’s degree in non-profit management, public administration or related field is preferred.
- Candidates must be able to convey their experiences and expertise in successfully leading volunteer leaders.
- He/she needs to be a strong communicator, including being a poised an confident speaker.
- The ED/CEO must be able to build constructive relationships and trust with the key stakeholders of the organization
- The ED/CEO should be a strategic thinker, planner, and an experienced change manager.
- He/she should have successful experiences in guiding an organization through challenging times. The next ED must have skill sets that will assist the MACDDS Board in fulfilling their responsibilities as the organization’s governing body.
Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with expertise and experience. MACDDS is an EOE.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and a one to two page resume by 5 p.m. May, 2019 to Richard I. Goldbaum, Ph.D., Transitions In Leadership at firstname.lastname@example.org. Telephone calls or snail-mail will not be accepted.