Owakihi, Inc. provides support to teens and adults with intellectual disabilities and/or mental health diagnosis. The Regional Vice President of Operations is responsible for directing and providing leadership to the organization to ensure compliance with all applicable state and federal regulations surrounding the provision of services to people with disabilities including 245D, county foster care licensing requirements, ICF/DD requirements, CMS requirements and any other relative regulations and trends. Additionally this position will be responsible for finding new areas for growth and development for the organization throughout the state of Minnesota. This may include new service models and program development and will require that the person has the ability to develop good relationships with stakeholders in the field. This position will also be responsible for partnering with Beacon Specialized Living to ensure and promote a positive partnership between the two organizations.
Interested applicants must have prior leadership in a human services organization supporting people with disabilities, mental health diagnosis, or other related needs.
Primary responsibilities of the Regional Vice President of Operations include (but are not limited to):
* Adheres to organizations Core Values, Mission Statement, and Corporate Philosophies.
* Operate in a manner that will ensure organizational profitability and growth
* Responsible for staying within assigned budgets
* Provide hands-on support and leadership to all leaders within the organization
* Ensure positive resident, family and employee relationships by responding promptly and appropriately to their needs, requests, concerns, and suggestions.
* Manage state and local relationships with stakeholders
* Provide oversight to administrative and operational staff as assigned
* Contract for approved services, direct and evaluate the performance of all service contractors in providing needed services.
* Ensure the organizations activities and programs will enrich the resident’s social, emotional, mental and physical needs, as well as increase their community involvement and independent living skills.
* Maintain confidential (HIPAA compliant), accurate, and appropriate records for each resident, prospective resident and employees
* Make certain all departments comply with the state and federal laws and regulations and all company rules regarding the care of the residents and operation organizations homes.
* Develop and maintain systems that will effectively monitor the operations, including, but not limited to occupancy rate, income and expenses, supply and capital asset inventories, resident and staff satisfaction, monthly staff meetings and weekly departmental meetings.
* Assist in coordinating persons supported move-ins, transfers, and terminations as needed.
* Periodically review each persons supported status and ability to perform under the terms and conditions of organizations respective contracts.
* Complete all assigned duties recognizing that they may change from time-to-time according to resident needs, staffing levels, working circumstances and company strategy.
Education & Qualifications:
* Bachelor’s degree in Nursing, Behavioral Health, Business Administration, Social Work or related field, or a graduate degree in related field is preferred
* Must be an excellent communicator and able to communicate effectively with employees, residents, families, regulatory officials, state hospitals and general public.
* A minimum of 10 years progressive experience in providing leadership to Human Services organizations
* Must have compassion for and desire to work with special populations with IDD and chronic illnesses.
* Previous experience in behavioral health and human services related environments preferred
* Must have experience overseeing multiple communities/homes.
* Experience with financial reporting and managing multiple budgets.
* Ongoing approval by Federal, State and local government entities to work at the company.
* Demonstrated knowledge of HIPAA, medical management, and care plan record keeping and billing documents.
* Ability to teach and train others on recipient rights, licensing, and the joint commission.
* Must possess a valid Driver’s License.
* Proficient in speaking, reading and writing the English language.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter. Interested applicants must have prior leadership in a human services organization supporting people with disabilities, mental health diagnosis, or other related needs.
Interested applicants should submit their qualifications to Alison Nelson, Human Resources Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org