The Alzheimer’s Association has launched the Cognitive Impairment Care Planning Toolkit to help clinical professionals with care planning for those with cognitive impairment. Care planning for cognitive impairment is a newly covered Medicare code (G0505). The toolkit is a resource for clinicians to understand what the G0505 code covers, and to provide resources to use in care planning sessions.
Materials in the toolkit include:
- Overview of the G0505 code;
- Easy access to validated tools to assist with diagnosis, such as the Mini-Cog™ and the Dementia Severity Rating Scale;
- Safety assessment guide;
- Caregiver profile checklist;
- End of life checklist; and
- Patient and caregiver resources.
The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support, and research. Their mission is to eliminate Alzheimer’s disease through the advancement of research, to provide and enhance care and support for all affected, and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health.
This was reported by PRNewswire on April 19, 2017.