June 26, 2019 | 1:00 pm Eastern
Free Executive Web Briefing Courtesy Of Netsmart
- A mentally ill chemically-affected (MICA) person whose anxiety and phobias prevents them from attending outpatient therapy or 12-step meetings.
- A chronic illness sufferer whose ability to engage in activities of daily living (ADLs) influenced by their ability to access controlled substances necessary for their pain management.
- The threefold to fivefold increase in neonatal abstinence syndrome, 4.4% increase in the rate at which children enter foster care, and “more complex and severe child welfare cases” with instances of substance use.
- Palliative care patients receiving chronic opioid therapy whose ability to fill or be reimbursed for opioid prescriptions is restricted due to maximum dosage/duration regulations.
These are the faces of the hidden impacts of the opioid crisis. Their untold stories and lack of representation in the dialogue around the crisis begs the questions, “How can the providers who have sought to represent these underserved populations best support them? Do the tools and workflows at their disposal enable or hinder their care delivery? How can provider organizations operationalize support for these populations?”
Join us for an OPEN MINDS webinar on June 26 at 1 p.m. ET, Hidden Impacts: The Opioid Crisis & Its Toll On Child & Family Services, Pain Management, & Palliative Care. Speakers will discuss the impacts of the opioid crisis on several human services and post-acute communities. Attendees will also learn about the tools and workflows that enable service delivery in these areas and explore case studies from provider organizations currently navigating these scenarios.
- Learn ways human services and post-acute organizations are addressing opioid use head-on
- Discover real-life examples of the hidden impacts of the opioid crisis from human services and post-acute experts
- Understand how to leverage technology to assist individuals with opioid addiction or to identify those who may be at risk
- Determine the best way to utilize technology to ensure guidelines are followed