This event has passed. Slides and video from this event can be found here.
Hear Why Many Organizations Are Changing EHRs In Order To Remain Competitive In The New Value-Based Health Care Environment
September 30, 2014 — Free Executive Web Briefing
In the post reform era, the amount of change facing behavioral health organizations is unprecedented. From service delivery to reimbursements and outcomes reporting, behavioral health organizations need to re-visit their operational strategies in order to stay competitive in the new value-based health care environment which combines physical and behavioral health.
At the intersection of all these changes lies the behavioral health organization’s electronic health record (EHR) which serves as the information backbone to the continuum of care for the client. Due to the critical role of the EHR, many behavioral health organizations have already begun to assess their 1st generation EHRs and are now undertaking the effort to implement 2nd generation EHR platforms. These organizations understand that a change in their EHR is necessary due to the aging technology architectures associated with these older EHRs. While enhancements to these older EHRs can be made, it is in an effort to keep them current — not to modernize the overall technology in order to better serve the evolving needs of the behavioral health organization.
During this 90-minute executive web briefing, “A Behavioral Health Collision At The EHR Intersection,” scheduled for September 30, 2014 at 2:00pm EDT, hear Michael R. Lardieri, LCSW, AVP of Strategic Program Development, Behavioral Health Service Line at North Shore LIJ Health System & Ravi Ganesan, Chief Executive Officer of Core Solutions:
- Discuss recent industry & market trends continuing to drive behavioral health into mainstream health care
- Examine the survey results involving 350+ behavioral health organizations on an array of topics:
- EHR satisfaction & behavioral health organization motivation for change
- Top 3 cost categories for failed EHR expectations
- Scarcity of resources and the need for mobile EHR capabilities
- Review a behavioral health maturity roadmap for making the post reform transition