The OPEN MINDS Research and Consulting team is comprised of over 70 professionals with specific research and management expertise and experience in addiction treatment, mental health and social service fields. Meet our team...
Strategic Management: Organizations with limited resources have little margin for error, particularly in a rapidly changing environment that requires re-evaluation of mission, vision, values, customers, programming, and funding. Learn more...
Technology & Information Management: Technology systems are essential to the operations and management of behavioral health and social service organizations. These organizations require and rely upon practice management, managed care, accounting, human resources, and consumer assessment & outcomes software. Learn more...
Marketing & Innovation: Privatization, consolidation, and competitive bidding of behavioral health, MR/DD, and children's services have resulted in serious threats, as well as tremendous opportunities. This rapidly changing environment demands an understanding of customers, competitors, market opportunity, and how to successfully compete. Learn more...
Leadership and Governance Consultation
The behavioral health and social service landscape is changing and with it, the role of the board of directors. Boards of for-profit, not-for-profit, and governmental agencies all find their needs for information and their responsibilities shifting. The OPEN MINDS team has a wealth of experience with developing board briefing sessions; facilitating board planning initiatives; and assisting in organizational and board development.
In addition, OPEN MINDS conducts numerous engagements to assist executives and front-line management in ensuring they are achieving peak performance in their organization. Just some of the topics our team has provided assistance on include:
- Achieving employee performance, retention and commitment through effective supervision
- Assessing and developing leadership and management competencies
- Using data-driven management to improve organizational and program performance
- Defining key performance metrics and performance scorecards
- Enhancing customer service skills
- Succession planning
- Aligning organizational strategies and operations
- Developing a winning development plan
- Understanding leadership styles and their application in motivation, recognition and retention
- Change management
- Best practices in recruiting and hiring
OPEN MINDS consultants have the experience and expertise to provide the tools necessary to be an effective leader of strategy and operations.